Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Steve Spurrier weighs in on Georgia-Florida game locations for 2026-2027

SystemSystem Posts: 11,132 admin
edited June 3 in Article commenting
imageSteve Spurrier weighs in on Georgia-Florida game locations for 2026-2027

ATHENS — SEC legend Steve Spurrier wants the Georgia-Florida games in 2026 and 2027 to be played at neutral sites while the current Jacksonville stadium is undergoing major renovations.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interviewing the devil himself during this lull in football news to come up with a story, eh, Mike? 😜

I wish we did have some real Georgia football news … such as a few of those visitors from the last couple of weekends commiting to the G!

• GBALGBAL Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Home and Home 2026 moving forward would be my choice. or a H-H-N rotation.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 3

Nothing personal, but I hate the idea of a rotation for anything other than home and home, and would love to see people stop suggesting it. Constantly moving the game around like that, it would be so awkward and unsettled. I think it would take a lot out of the rivalry, permanently giving it the feel of a temporary arrangement.

I don't like having the game in Jacksonville every year, but would easily vote for that over (seemingly) having it in a new venue every year like some traveling circus act.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You see this, Kirby? We haven’t scored more than 44 measly points against the Gainesville Goobers since you’ve became coach! And they ****! Accept this obvious challenge and let’s go hang 100 on ‘em this year!

SCREW FLORIDA!

GO DAWGS!

• rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was there that day in 1995 when the gators ran up the score on us in Athens with the trick play at the end. I hope we will play them home and home so Georgia can return the favor. No mercy. The only good thing about that day was the Braves won the World Series later that night against Cleveland.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby will never "run" the score up on the feckless Gators for two reasons…..first and foremost he will always seize the opportunity to give as many snaps to as many players as possible, thus providing valuable experience to the 2's, 3's and 4's and lessing the chance for injury to starters, plus Kirby is not an A-hole like The Ole Ball Coach! Jere, Josh and company need to get their "stuff" together and recognize the will of the Coaches, players and most of all The FANS and staunchly support home and home after 2025! Dawg Culture dictates that PAIN not POINTS makes an opponent know they're BEAT!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 3

I can't believe I actually agree with a former Gator player. But Doering said it best, it's a badge of honor to play between the Hedges. Home and Home will benefit not only Athens,GA with revenue, but Gainesville,Fla as well. Why give Jacksonville that money? Jacksonville makes plenty of money off tourist each year, with their overinflated pricing on everything.

• PlateauDawgPlateauDawg Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

Honestly I don’t care what Spurrier thinks. This series needs to be home & home permanently. I had to sit through that disgrace in 95 in Athens. As someone else said the only saving grace was the Braves winning it all that night

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is absolutely what I want too. Hopefully Napier will not turn the program around too soon. We should have the team to decimate them in a couple years (this year's number 1 ranked recruits will be Juniors). Imagine these linemen monsters with 2 years of S&C. Wowzers we are going to be tough to beat with those dudes.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CKS too much class to do what Spurrier did.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree. Take the home and home while you got the chance. But just like money keeps it in Jacksonville, money may keep it from being a home and home when its available.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Napier doesn't look like much of a threat as of yet to turn the program around and with their schedule this year, he may be very well be gone because having a .500 season would be doing good in 2024.

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • DMVDawgDMVDawg Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Vince Dooly never seemed to have a problem playing in Jacksonville. He always referred to it as South Georgia extended. In my lifetime Jacksonville has been very good to UGA on the recruiting trail. That game in Jacksonville is one of the best experiences in college football.