Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Brent Key’s latest comments, game time change add plenty of fire to Georgia-Georgia Tech rivalry

SystemSystem Posts: 11,047 admin
edited June 14 in Article commenting
imageBrent Key’s latest comments, game time change add plenty of fire to Georgia-Georgia Tech rivalry

Most Georgia fans probably can’t recall how this year’s Georgia Tech game ended. The Bulldogs came away with a 31-23 win and quickly turned the page to Alabama and the SEC championship game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would be nice to have a blacked out black friday, but just don't see Kirby going for that. Maybe for the fans, but he won't change the uniforms. If it was the Tennessee tech game at 7:30 on a Friday, maybe. Just don't see it with how much he lives in this rivalry.

• Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

GT has always been a living, breathing example of an inferiority complex in my view. The Dawgs live rent free in their heads. Key's especially. He should seek help.

Go Dawgs!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry to those who have seen me post this before, but I will die on this hill.

There should be a specific, established tradition for breaking out the black jerseys. Unlike the vast majority of teams who use them as gimmicks, black is actually one of our team colors. There's no reason that a black jersey shouldn't have just as much of a spot in UGA lore as a red one. If you make it a tradition and - here's the important part - actually stick to it, no one will have any more reason to write them off as gimmicky, or associate them with any particular negative result on the field, than they do with the red or white jerseys.

I propose that they be used for home night games. If the game is in Athens and kickoff is officially after sunset, it's a black jersey game. Regardless of opponent. Could be Massachusetts, could be Bama.

I think it would add a lot to the program, and can't understand why something along these lines hasn't been done yet.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

E_Roc…Good post and I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. Sadly, Kirby is going to be Kirby, not that there’s anything wrong with that,, so it’ll probably be red jerseys. Would be fun though! Go Dawgs!

• CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 65 ✭✭✭ Junior

Closing the gap? Hahahaha hahaha....

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You hate what you can't beat.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate will never win, Ole Brent needs to focus on winning in the ACC….while it's still around…..once he fields a team that can consistently dominate in the ACC, maybe then focus on The Dawgs, who for the foreseeable future rule Georgia and the SEC. Then and only then will the North Avenue Bumble Bees have a chance to rule Georgia!

• SOARDAWGSOARDAWG Posts: 17 ✭✭ Sophomore

I agree with GtheGreek, Brent needs to worry about winning in the ACC before poking the Dawgs, especially since the last time the trade school gnats beat Georgia, I think Nixon was president. Although I could be wrong, it's been such a long time since the gnats were actually relevant. Seriously though, I'm glad Brent hates Georgia, it'll make swatting them gnats all the more sweeter. However, I'm thinking the game's billing needs to be changed from, "Clean, old-fashioned hate!" to something more realistic, perhaps changing it to, "The game where everybody sees it's the Georgia Bulldogs who runs this state!", or something to that effect. Because I certainly don't see that changing anytime soon! 😉

Go Dawgs!