Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: Longtime Georgia LB commitment Jadon Perlotte flips to USC

2»

Comments

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I had a whole thing typed out, not realizing that I'd been signed out. The refresh didn't hold on to what I'd written. Here's a decent rehash.

Stinks for this kid; not UGA.

It seems that, longterm, kids who "transfer/flip" before they've even set foot on campus deprive themselves of:

A) Development, B) Relevance, C) Legitimate opportunity.

Yeah, "right now money" is good, but when that right now money doesn't send you anywhere, it can dry up really quick. Kids that don't bet ON themselves are, in one way or another, betting AGAINST themselves. It's a bad move, but, in most cases, likely only hurts the kid in question, not the U of GA.

Y'all woulda been proud, but you're stuck with this, because I'm not even trying to recreate it…

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 31

I agree. But I don't mind. Someone probably did not know the history of this player's recruitment. The flirtation and rumors of FSU. That's life.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What could be worse than what you say is that this kid may just be a pawn in the Riley/Smart feud that seems to be going on. He seemed like a kid that was looking for a better payday and Riley stepped in to "steal" a UGA commit.

I hope it works out for the player. But UGA has bigger fish to fry and needs the room for other commits and TP players.

• WCHWCH Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Perlotte has made a mistake. Was the decision about NIL money, glamour of the west coast or the competition at his position at UGA?

• StonecoolStonecool Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

never heard of her!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,245 mod

it’s a male high school football player. You may be thinking of someone else.

• USCTrojan811USCTrojan811 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Something under the wraps is going on between USC and Georgia.

Georgia is finally winning and they all the sudden think they're a blue blood. LMAO. It goes in cycles. Enjoy it while it lasts or until Kirby is booted and shown as the new Urban Meyer. Tho—UGA fans don't care. USC fans understand a pro career much more than the typical UGA Fan. It goes quickly—if it even goes. Get the degree and connections at USC. It's priceless.

• JimBobJimBob Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

The guy is not going to play for at least 2 years at UGA. Too much talent ahead of him. Maybe things will be better at USC. In my opinion, it is not a serious loss for UGA.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

While I would have liked to see the original, the one you posted was great :). I actually think your wording around (paraphrasing) "not betting ON yourself is betting AGAINST yourself" is very quotable and all these new NCAAF rookies should read and absorb it!

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pretty sure stonecool was making one of those thar joke thingies.