Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football-Kentucky instant observations as Bulldogs escape with a narrow win

2»

Comments

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What is a “third down conversation rate?”

It’s definitely a problem. We have not been good setting the edge before. Need to work on that or Milroe May rush for over a 100 yards.

it’s true that “Georgia is off next week.” It’s also true they were off tonight. The offensive game plan was not good. The play calling was not good. The QB did not play well. Inexcusably poor preparation imo.

• shamymaxshamymax Posts: 24 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • shamymaxshamymax Posts: 24 ✭✭ Sophomore

All the traffic incident and dwi's in the off season indicates to me that this tea many on the team lact the discipline and mental toughness to win a championship.

One day I hope Smart realizes that you need a true dual threat QB to play in this conference. Beck has is a strong arm and that it. He loses composure unde any pressure. He's also a dandy. Late in the 4th he got outside but ran OB 2 yards short. With a little effort he could have made a 1st down

. Anymore play like that and he'll be a 2nd rounder.

Bobo, never trusted him never will.

• UKDawgUKDawg Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

It was far from a great performance to be sure and Alabama and Texas are going to be very tough. I am surprised nobody is mentioning the fact that Vandegriff must have prepped his team really well too. Think of all that inside knowledge he has on the Dawgs

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 396 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • 87dawg87dawg Posts: 396 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 15

Most of these comments paint a picture of a team that completely vacuums. Yes, we had a bad night but maybe Kentucky had a good night. Let’s not forget, they were ranked prior to the Carolina game (gameday was actually supposed to make this its game of the week) and I’d venture they were looking past the gamecocks and got whipped. 

Those guys had eyes on UGA and played lights out. 

I was unhappy we didn’t abandon that screen pass and throw downfield in the first half. Our tackling was pitiful. I was disappointed that Beck appeared unfocused at times, particularly with the dropped snaps but the nonsense that he is a bad quarterback is fool’s speech. 

Kentucky, a good football team, had our number. We won in a difficult game. I’ll take that every time.

And good grief, please fix the comment section.

• DAWGHOUNDDAWGHOUND Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

All in all it was a very bad night, I don't understand Bobo and his play calling, NO IMAGINATION. We have running backs trying to always go right in the center, one of two thing either our guys are so big they can't make a hole or they are not big enough to make a hole. There are other places to run than right up the center. Running backs we do have more than one don't we? The only time they used Robinson he scored a touchdown, where was Cash Jones, and the rest of the running back room? If nothing else put them in for one play to wear out their opposition. I'll take the win but come on Bobo earn your money and show some imagination.

• DAWGHOUNDDAWGHOUND Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

All in all it was a very bad night, I don't understand Bobo and his play calling, NO IMAGINATION. We have running backs trying to always go right in the center, one of two thing either our guys are so big they can't make a hole or they are not big enough to make a hole. There are other places to run than right up the center. Running backs we do have more than one don't we? The only time they used Robinson he scored a touchdown, where was Cash Jones, and the rest of the running back room? If nothing else put them in for one play to wear out their opposition. I'll take the win but come on Bobo earn your money and show some imagination.

• Dawg4lyfDawg4lyf Posts: 24 ✭✭✭ Junior

That was a typical, @Lexington game for us...a physical, bruising, low scoring game...survive and advance...

• lucydoglucydog Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

—Beck couldn't find an open receiver, he would look down field and almost always have to throw to his second or third check down. This plus Kentucky's defensive line dominated our offensive front.

—Vandagriff didn't sway the outcome in any way

—One of the poorest tackling nights I've seen from a Kirby Smart coached team

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A win is a win…..BUT, there is something much deeper going on here……players held out??? conservative play calls???? Carson mentally not in the game????……for now I'm trusting Kirby, Glenn and Mike. I fully expect to see a totally different team in Tuscaloosa…..with two weeks to get healed, and plan and practice/focus….The Natty Dawgs will show up!

Just my opinion…If I was a multimillion dollar coach, I wouldn't have friends that I competed against.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is an excellent point! You're right, I've seen this nowhere, and it probably was a factor... but in way an excuse for UGA