Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Guess we should be pulling for Auburn....

MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

...but I'm having a hard time actually doing it!

Comments

• Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,278 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sort of watching this game. I hope it stay close with low scores not due to great defense play but continual offensive hiccups. We need Auburn to win but not impressively.

• Options

@Dawgsince76 said:
    Why

Why do we want Auburn to win? Because we want them to be ranked, highly thought of when we play them next week--to boost our resume, national perception.

Why am I finding it hard to root for them? Because I hate Auburn.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When Georgia isn’t playing, I want the “world to burn”

• Options

@bmauldin said:

• Options

A big blocked punt by Auburn put the sCAMmers up by eight at the half.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't pull for Auburn. But Stidham can burn you deep.

• Options

@JayDog said:

Frequently to Darius Slayton...flipped from UGA couple years ago.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@bmauldin said:

@MinnesotaDawg said:

@JayDog said:

Frequently to Darius Slayton...flipped from UGA couple years ago.

I’m never skeptical when players flip to Awebarn last minute... no $u$picion$ at all...

I remember when that used to happen all the time

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ForestryDawg said:

@bmauldin said:

The world burned! lol

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Here's something dawg fans need to keep in mind. We've clinched the SEC East now, so we're in Atlanta no matter what, however, for our playoff hopes to stay alive, we MUST continue to chop and win these games out! Georgia's game at Auburn will be tough, and Georgia has lost FIVE consecutive games following Kentucky. Which is mind blowing. We gotta finally break that next week. The seniors at Auburn don't want to leave without a win against Georgia. Will be a physical battle.

• Options

@bmauldin said:

@ForestryDawg said:

@bmauldin said:

The world burned! lol

Bedlam didn't finish the way that I would have wanted it, nor did Clemson/NC State, but THE B1G IS ALL BUT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

• Options

@mqg96 said:
    Here's something dawg fans need to keep in mind. We've clinched the SEC East now, so we're in Atlanta no matter what, however, for our playoff hopes to stay alive, we MUST continue to chop and win these games out! Georgia's game at Auburn will be tough, and Georgia has lost FIVE consecutive games following Kentucky. Which is mind blowing. We gotta finally break that next week. The seniors at Auburn don't want to leave without a win against Georgia. Will be a physical battle.

No question--it will be physical. If we don't play better next week, our playoff hopes will take a big hit.

• Options
    DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know this is terrible, but if the SEC East went 0-8 in the SEC each year (I know that is impossible because they all have to play each other-lol), and UGA goes 8-0, I would be copecetic with that, I hate EVERY team UGA plays every year.

Oh, and Tuck Feck!!!!

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:

@mqg96 said:

No question--it will be physical. If we don't play better next week, our playoff hopes will take a big hit.

Our playoff hopes will take a hit but win the SECCG and we're in. There may not be any other 0 or 1 loss Champions.

• Options
    edited November 2017

@Denmen185 I don't know about getting in the playoff if we have a loss. I think it will depend on who is then ranked above us and how long between the loss and the SECC game. Two losses for sure will knock us out UNLESS there are not quality teams with two losses. OSU and PSU will get in before we do with two losses.

• Options
    Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@mqg96 said:
    and Georgia has lost FIVE consecutive games following Kentucky. Which is mind blowing. We gotta finally break that next week.

What are you talking about?

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:
    @Denmen185 I don't know about getting in the playoff if we have a loss. I think it will depend on who is then ranked above us and how long between the loss and the SECC game. Two losses for sure will knock us out UNLESS there are not quality teams with two losses. OSU and PSU will get in before we do with two losses.

I guarantee that the SEC Champs are in with 1 loss. A loss to Auburn and a win that would either be avenging that defeat or a win over Bama will see us in. There will be multiple teams in the the top 10 with 2 losses. There will be 1 this week and at least 2 next (OU v TCU both have 1 loss). UM/Clem?ND will mean at least 1 of these will get their second loss. Washington will do well to run the table starting on Friday at Stanford. Wisconsin will not be favored v 2 loss OSU and the winner of the OU v TCU will likely have to beat the other one again. ND still has to play Stanford.

Bottom line I certainly hope we keep our "Mulligan" in our pocket but we will be in if we beat UK, GT and Bama/Aub

• Options

@Denmen185 said:

@JayDog said:

I guarantee that the SEC Champs are in with 1 loss. A loss to Auburn and a win that would either be avenging that defeat or a win over Bama will see us in. There will be multiple teams in the the top 10 with 2 losses. There will be 1 this week and at least 2 next (OU v TCU both have 1 loss). UM/Clem?ND will mean at least 1 of these will get their second loss. Washington will do well to run the table starting on Friday at Stanford. Wisconsin will not be favored v 2 loss OSU and the winner of the OU v TCU will likely have to beat the other one again. ND still has to play Stanford.

Bottom line I certainly hope we keep our "Mulligan" in our pocket but we will be in if we beat UK, GT and Bama/Aub

I hope you are right but we've been passed over before. Their criteria is not exactly set in stone. If we struggle and have close games in two of our last three, will we pass the "eye test"? Will our strength of schedule still be considered highly enough after Alabama and a couple of other teams finish their season? There is such a bias for ND, OSU and PSU that I don't have the confidence you do.