Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Guess we should be pulling for Auburn....

2»

Comments

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@JayDog said:
    @Denmen185 I don't know about getting in the playoff if we have a loss. I think it will depend on who is then ranked above us and how long between the loss and the SECC game. Two losses for sure will knock us out UNLESS there are not quality teams with two losses. OSU and PSU will get in before we do with two losses.

I guarantee that the SEC Champs are in with 1 loss. A loss to Auburn and a win that would either be avenging that defeat or a win over Bama will see us in. There will be multiple teams in the the top 10 with 2 losses. There will be 1 this week and at least 2 next (OU v TCU both have 1 loss). UM/Clem?ND will mean at least 1 of these will get their second loss. Washington will do well to run the table starting on Friday at Stanford. Wisconsin will not be favored v 2 loss OSU and the winner of the OU v TCU will likely have to beat the other one again. ND still has to play Stanford.

Bottom line I certainly hope we keep our "Mulligan" in our pocket but we will be in if we beat UK, GT and Bama/Aub

I agree 100%, but “Attack the Day.” Let’s go out there and TAKE that spot!

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2017

@Dawg19 said:

@mqg96 said:
    and Georgia has lost FIVE consecutive games following Kentucky. Which is mind blowing. We gotta finally break that next week.

What are you talking about?

Since 2012, we've lost every game right before Kentucky on our schedule. Remember the South Carolina disaster in 2012 when we were ill prepared before Kentucky? Then in 2013 we lost at Auburn by a tipped pass hail mary, which was before Kentucky. Then from 2014-2016 we lost 3 straight to Florida before Kentucky. I want that streak to end this year.

They say it's hard for teams to go undefeated in the SEC nowadays unless you get lucky, but if there's any SEC game left on our schedule that's losable and would spoil our chances of going undefeated, it's Auburn, and it's a really good Auburn team scheduled before Kentucky.

On Georgia's 2018 schedule Florida is before Kentucky again.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The past does not determine the present" - Kirby Smart.

"the past makes me nervous in the present" - donm

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mqg96 said:

@Dawg19 said:

@mqg96 said:
    and Georgia has lost FIVE consecutive games following Kentucky. Which is mind blowing. We gotta finally break that next week.

Since 2012, we've lost every game right before Kentucky on our schedule. Remember the South Carolina disaster in 2012 when we were ill prepared before Kentucky? Then in 2013 we lost at Auburn by a tipped pass hail mary, which was before Kentucky. Then from 2014-2016 we lost 3 straight to Florida before Kentucky. I want that streak to end this year.

They say it's hard for teams to go undefeated in the SEC nowadays unless you get lucky, but if there's any SEC game left on our schedule that's losable and would spoil our chances of going undefeated, it's Auburn, and it's a really good Auburn team scheduled before Kentucky.

We may or may not lose Saturday but I promise you that it will have nothing to do with playing Kentucky next week. If istill in doubt I suggest you put your shoes on the wrong feet at 3:38pm; it always works for me.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mqg96 said:

@Dawg19 said:

@mqg96 said:

GOOD NEWS! Right before the 2017 season, Kirby erased ALL of the old streaks, good and bad, and the Dawgs got a new start on everything.
    Georgia hasn't been 9-0 since 1982. Now it's time to chop wood against the Eagle Tigers.