Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

DAWGNATION Community Demographics

2»

Comments

• Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Tdub0199 said:

@donm said:
    Retired, living in McIntosh, FL
    graduated from ASU with a PhD in Psychology
    spent 4 years in US Army (1970-1974)
    Taught Psychology from 1981-2006 at U of West Georgia
    Coached cross country and track at UWG from 1992-2006
    Currently volunteer coach at Eastside HS in Gainesville, FL (cross country and track)
    Glass half-empty guy when it comes to Dawg FB - tape games and only watch if they win (been a good year for that)
    Love music and play in a small band (banjo, dobro, Cajun accordion, guitar)
    Feeling better about living long enough to see another NC

Funny, I live in Carrollton.... Go Wolves!!! well, they were the Braves back then..... lol

Lol born and raised in Carrollton here. Can remember when the Braves won a football NC in the 80s and Central High winning back to back state champs in 86 and 87.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jc30116 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

@donm said:
    Currently volunteer coach at Eastside HS in Gainesville, FL (cross country and track)
    Glass half-empty guy when it comes to Dawg FB - tape games and only watch if they win (been a good year for that)

Funny, I live in Carrollton.... Go Wolves!!! well, they were the Braves back then..... lol

Lol born and raised in Carrollton here. Can remember when the Braves won a football NC in the 80s and Central High winning back to back state champs in 86 and 87.

@jc30116 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

@donm said:

Yeah....NC in 82. I remember Walt dunston from Central. He could really scoot!

• Options

@bmauldin said:
    Live at Lake Oconee. Church in Athens at Cornerstone.
    Strong Safety at U West Ga 2000-2001
    Lee University 2002-2004 Rugby with @Unsworth
    Own/run several small businesses
    3 kids under 6.
    Hate Tennessee Football
    WITH.A.PASSION!

I saw every home game back then so I'm sure I saw you play. Cool.

• Options

@jc30116 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

@donm said:

I wonder if I might have had you in a psych class.

• Options
    spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

U of West Georgia looks a lot different these days if you haven't been around Carrollton in a while. It is really booming lately. They are actually decent at football now as well.

• Options
    spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:
    Live at Lake Oconee. Church in Athens at Cornerstone.
    Strong Safety at U West Ga 2000-2001
    Lee University 2002-2004 Rugby with @Unsworth
    Own/run several small businesses
    3 kids under 6.
    Hate Tennessee Football
    WITH.A.PASSION!

3 kids under 6 means you are a busy/tired man. I have been down that road and now have 16, 15 and 12 that all play sports. Enjoy them and all they do to make you crazy because you blink and they are on the way out the door.

I have been in the West Ga area all of my life except the 6 years I spent in the Army traveling the globe. That University is really growing now.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Savannah born and raised.
    USMC after high school.
    Live in Oconee County.
    I'm a physician these days.

• Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@jc30116 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

@donm said:

I wonder if I might have had you in a psych class.

Maybe my brother but not me. Figured out college wasn't for me and started my business up after I found what I liked doing.

• Options
    MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

@hall1138 said:
    I'll start... Born in Tifton, Ga., Raised in Laurens County, Military for the last 19 years, Gator Hating all over the Globe, and currently Calling The DAWGS in South Korea.

Brandon Adams and Jeff Sentell are great pillars for this community. Thanks for all that you guys do for the fans. GO DAWGS!!

They really are unrated & don't get enough credit for all they do for the Dawgs. They are truly 2 of the best nation wide

• Options
    Dawg0924Dawg0924 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

Raised in the shadows of Notre Dame, family moved from Eastern, KY. Have family that lives in Lakemont, Atlanta and Jonesboro. In process of looking for houses to move my family to Georgia.

• Options

@Dawg0924 said:
    Raised in the shadows of Notre Dame, family moved from Eastern, KY. Have family that lives in Lakemont, Atlanta and Jonesboro. In process of looking for houses to move my family to Georgia.

Hurry. Things are getting good!!

• Options
    Dawg0924Dawg0924 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

@donm said:

@Dawg0924 said:

Hurry. Things are getting good!!

Unfortunately not so good for work as they are shutting places down and moving jobs around.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Born in Vidalia, moved to Jefferson County in 1969. Live 17 miles from Wrightsville, GA. It was this time of year back in the early seventies that we were watching TV with guests we had over for Thanksgiving. I honestly think we were watching the Oklahoma/Nebraska game but they showed highlights for the Georgia/Ga Tek game. My dad's first cousin asked me which team from Georgia did I like. I wasn't really sure and told him so. He then asked do you like Bulldogs or yellow jackets? Well, the mascot of the little school I attended was a Bulldog, so the answer was easy and thus began my love for the Georgia Bulldogs. Got to go to a couple of games in the late seventies. Started getting season tickets in 1985 (the same year I married my beautiful wife). Only missed a few home games during the last 32 years and have been to tons of away games. Mark Richt and his brother-in-law, Chappy, led me to Christ on a weekend visit with the team back in 2001 - the greatest decision I've ever made. My wife and I have two children and four grandchildren. Children will change your life but Grandchildren will change your perspective on life.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Born and raised in Statesboro, graduate of Statesboro High & Georgia Southern. I'm married, but no kids yet as my wife and I are both south of 30 and very career driven. She is a PA and I am a commercial loan officer at a regional bank here in the Boro, so that keeps us busy enough. This is an amazing community that has experienced tremendous growth in the past decade, so if you're looking for a place to settle down that still has that small town feel and a strong local economy, Statesboro is the place for you.

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Born in Augusta almost 62 years ago.
    Spent most of my life in Alabama.
    Computer software and musician.
    Used to mod on ComPost (Dawgpost) before the owner ruined it.
    Loving this site and the podcast.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2017

I like Pina coladas, and walks in the rain...

And it's almost midnight as I post this!

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Alien and Bigfoot hunter.

• Options
    dawgdude65dawgdude65 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Noticed a lot of you guys were in the armed forces and I just wanted to say Thank You for your service to our country.