Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Matt Corral flips to Ole Miss

Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Interesting news here.

Comments

• Options
    joe_rush45joe_rush45 Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

Speechless ! Lol

GoDawgs

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He will be happier being a gator hater.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Must confess that I thought you where just kidding until I went and looked it up for myself

Http://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Article/BREAKING-Top100-QB-Matt-Corral-flips-from-Florida-to-Ole-Miss--112289322/Amp

Bet Mullen puts the full court press on JF now. When is the dead period?

• Options
    netorijohnsonisgoatnetorijohnsonisgoat Posts: 19 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is that 3 schools he's been committed to in a year and didn't he transfer high schools once or twice jeez

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably just mad about Mullen going straight to visit Fields when he was named Florida’s coach.

• Options
    MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

I understand him flipping to another school but Ole Miss!!! This has to be a joke or he isn't to smart,I heard some not very good things about him & his mindset but I didn't think it was this bad. Gd Luck Kid

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MyKeithbb09 said:
    I understand him flipping to another school but Ole Miss!!! This has to be a joke or he isn't to smart,I heard some not very good things about him & his mindset but I didn't think it was this bad. Gd Luck Kid

He’ll fit in just fine.

• Options
    FunroeFunroe Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

They’re just making room for Fields! It’s all happening now, he gone.

• Options

@Funroe said:
    They’re just making room for Fields! It’s all happening now, he gone.

Put it to bed.

• Options
    GurleyDawgGurleyDawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

A California kid to Mississippi?!?
    Ok....

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fields is all Dawg and I'd be mad too if the new coach went to see a player already committed elsewhere before seeing me. I think Florida is going after Gerry Bohanon or Emory Jones.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:
    Fields is all Dawg and I'd be mad too if the new coach went to see a player already committed elsewhere before seeing me. I think Florida is going after Gerry Bohanon or Emory Jones.

I don’t see Jones going there. He’s either staying at O$U or flipping to Alabama.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I simply do not understand why he would flip to OM. I don't get it.

• Options
    spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This makes since with the offense that will be used at UF. Corral can run, but prefers to stay in the pocket and throw the ball which is what he can do at Ole Miss. He also will have little to no competition at Ole Miss to earn playing time. Mullen is a good coach, but every team he has been successful with as had a QB that runs more than they throw. He needs guys like Fields, Jones, Gatewood and others that can throw well, but have the body to do the running. He may go after Fields, but Fields wants to throw the ball in college and prepare for the league. He will be used like a RB if he goes to UF and he knows that. I assure you if Fields was leaving the class he would not be in Athens this weekend trying to get all the talent to go to UGA just so he could turn around and face them every year.

I would look for UF to make a push for Emory as the #1 guy to come in and play or go after the Auburn kid Gatewood because that is what he does. Gatewood is also from Florida. Emory IMO will be part of Bama's class because he doesn't want to go that far away and stand on the sidelines. He could compete with Tua when Hurts is gone for a chance to play and be close to home while he is in college.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    Must confess that I thought you where just kidding until I went and looked it up for myself

Http://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Article/BREAKING-Top100-QB-Matt-Corral-flips-from-Florida-to-Ole-Miss--112289322/Amp

@BamaDawg said:

he better hurry. Doesn't the dead period happen soon? And if Salyer is in Athens this weekend, that makes him less available. No flip here, unless Mark Richt has messed it up somehow, yet again.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:
    Going to the proverbial Las Vegas of the SEC, who could blame him? Have fun in sin city, I know I would. Matt Corral is a quality young man.

how many commits has he made?

• Options
    edited December 2017

@bmauldin said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

I don’t see Jones going there. He’s either staying at O$U or flipping to Alabama.

I have a friend who knows Emory. We live less than 20 mins from heard co and he goes to all their games, etc. He said he’s just been waiting on an offer from Mullen. Fixing to get interesting...

• Options
    Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@12ed said:
    Going to the proverbial Las Vegas of the SEC, who could blame him? Have fun in sin city, I know I would. Matt Corral is a quality young man.

I believe Corral has only committed 3x including Ole Miss. USC, UF, and now Ole Miss. And I don't think he is guaranteed that much playing time initially. Jordan Ta'Amu is athletic and comes from the same area of Hawaii as Bama's Freshamn QBTua Tagovailoa.

But we will see. I think it more so came to fit within a system. I agree with @spradlin24 when it comes to Corral not wanting that pure DT tag. But I do like the fit because I do think Corral has some talent for sure.

@greygoose01 Emory Jones would be a good fit for UF. I wonder if Bama makes a late push. Does anybody know if Jones is an Early Enrollee guy or when he is making commitment. This one could come down to the wire! Hope UF misses out and starts Franks again lol

• Options
    edited December 2017

@Jinx55 said:

@donm said:

@12ed said:

I believe Corral has only committed 3x including Ole Miss. USC, UF, and now Ole Miss. And I don't think he is guaranteed that much playing time initially. Jordan Ta'Amu is athletic and comes from the same area of Hawaii as Bama's Freshamn QBTua Tagovailoa.

But we will see. I think it more so came to fit within a system. I agree with @spradlin24 when it comes to Corral not wanting that pure DT tag. But I do like the fit because I do think Corral has some talent for sure.

@greygoose01 Emory Jones would be a good fit for UF. I wonder if Bama makes a late push. Does anybody know if Jones is an Early Enrollee guy or when he is making commitment. This one could come down to the wire! Hope UF misses out and starts Franks again lol

Pretty sure bama has had the Saban copter out this way recently. They’re pretty confident they can flip him. I’m just not buying it yet. The kid is good, will be better when he puts on a few more lbs though. I’d much rather see him to UF and beat out Franks, instead of riding the pine at bama. Mullen was the first one in the SEC to offer him, while he was back at Miss St. And yes, he's an early enrollee, so time is ticking. It's going to get interesting since Ohio St. has recently offered another QB. Of course with all this crazy Fields flipping talk, which I don’t buy either, but worst case scenario, if I’m Kirby, I’m still in Emory’s ear. We sure hoped he’d stay home and represent, but he’s gotta do what’s best for him, ya know. Love to see local kids getting national recognition.

• Options
    Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@Jinx55 said:

@donm said:

@12ed said:

Pretty sure bama has had the Saban copter out this way recently. They’re pretty confident they can flip him. I’m just not buying it yet. The kid is good, will be better when he puts on a few more lbs though. I’d much rather see him to UF and beat out Franks, instead of riding the pine at bama. Mullen was the first one in the SEC to offer him, while he was back at Miss St. And yes, he's an early enrollee, so time is ticking. It's going to get interesting since Ohio St. has recently offered another QB. Of course with all this crazy Fields flipping talk, which I don’t buy either, but worst case scenario, if I’m Kirby, I’m still in Emory’s ear. We sure hoped he’d stay home and represent, but he’s gotta do what’s best for him, ya know. Love to see local kids getting national recognition.

agreed! I think if we wouldn't have gotten JF we could have definitely flipped Emory at this point. But yea I am surprised he was thinking of OSU or Bama. He is going to get buried by the depth chart and is really going to need an offense to allow him to get more playing time to develop. Great talent just needs a chance to develop as a passing QB.