Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Matt Corral flips to Ole Miss

Comments

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Polynikes said:
    I simply do not understand why he would flip to OM. I don't get it.

"cheese", "cabbage", "clam", "milk", "dosh", "dough", "shillings", "frogskins", "notes", "duckets", "loot", "bones", "bar", "coin", "folding stuff", "honk", "lolly", "lucre"/"filthy "Lucre", "moola/moolah", "paper", "scratch", "readies", "spondulicks", etc.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fla is a mess. Their current class is weak and they just lost their crowning jewel. I understand that Corral doesn't exactly fit the Mullen offense, but the Mullen offense has proven incapable of beating good teams. If Mullen ran Corral off because of that, I would say that is a horrendous strategic decision.

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    There must be some red flags with Corral because his recruiting didn’t really take off to the level it should have (as it pertains to someone of his rating and being from Long Beach Poly). I know USC backed off after he was kicked off of the football team at Oaks Christian.

This. I hate to draw any conclusions without knowing much about the kid, but I do believe he would have made a commitment to UGA if he had a commttable offer. Something just seems “off” with this kid.

• Options
    corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GurleyDawg said:
    A California kid to Mississippi?!?
    Ok....

$ome things never change

• Options
    corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawghouse said:
    Mullen literally takes the first step off his plane looking silly doing the Chomp wildly, then his first order of business is to embarrass/antagonize his team’s top ranked recruit and quarterback of the future. What was he thinking? Especially when you consider he offered Corral when he was coach at Miss St.

Now UF’s top commit/QB is gone. IMO this is right up there will ALL-TIME bonehead moves for a new incoming coach. What was he thinking?

If Corral plays well at Miss St, UF fan base won’t ever let it go. Incoming QB may find his fan base always judging his stats against Corral’s.

Ole Miss*

• Options
    dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

****, senior moment on my part. You’re right, I should have referenced “Ol Miss” in my last paragraph. Will edit/correct, thanks.

• Options

Who was that kid a few years ago who was supposed to be the next great thing? Gunter something i think. Committed to just about every B10 school, eventually ended up at Cincinnati and did diddly squat?

• Options
    britishdawgbritishdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just think its hilarious how many FL fans think that the only reason this happened is that Fields is flipping....

The kid is literally recruiting guys to UGA as I type and will be in Athens this weekend along with god knows how many 5-star recruits trying to twist their arms. But why let the facts get in the way of your delusion that everyone QB in the world wants to play for the worlds greatest QB guru Dan Mullen?

• Options

I look forward to watching the continued demise of the once-mighty gators. Mullen is not the guy. He will get them back to bowl games, but I doubt they will ever finish higher than 3rd in the SECE. And with Pruitt at UT and KY showing serious signs of life...they might have a couple of season at the very bottom of the SECE in their near future. What elite QB wants to be part of that? The florida roster is weak and their current class is lean at best. QB is probably the least of their worries.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is Mullen such a limited offensive mind that he has to have a running QB?

Maybe he gets Emory and comes out of this mess on top.

But to me it was really a bone headed move not to use what you have and stick with Corral instead of instead of trying to trade him for a QB who has shown no signs of wanting to flip. And as of now, he’s got neither.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why not Ole Miss. He wants to play for a SEC school.

They may be bad for a while but he'll play early against great competition. They've upgraded facilities and it could be a great opportunity for some of these kids.

Freeze was an idiot- no doubt - but he did remake the Ole Miss brand and many kids like what they saw. And there is only one more year of bowl bans.

In reality, the SEC has Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M and Florida that are capable of winning a national championship in the next 20 years. The other schools are in a big mix that will have them all relevant at various times over the next 20 years. Ole Miss is just as likely as any of the other schools in that group to bounce back quickly.

And Ole Miss wants him. That helps a lot in his decision.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Posted this morning , looks like a DAWG to me!!!

• Options
    HWH3HWH3 Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

He just wanted to openly be a part of the Gator Haters! It would have been tough situation if he played for them!

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

YESSIR! My question for Jeff Sentell now, could this be an Easter egg with Justin wearing that same Superman shirt that Luke Ford wore when he visited UGA back in the spring/summer? He was wearing it in a picture with Kirby. Maybe someone can dig it up. I might be looking too deep into it, but MAN would it be cool if that’s a “hint” to who else might be coming!

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

YESSIR! My question for Jeff Sentell now, could this be an Easter egg with Justin wearing that same Superman shirt that Luke Ford wore when he visited UGA back in the spring/summer? He was wearing it in a picture with Kirby. Maybe someone can dig it up. I might be looking too deep into it, but MAN would it be cool if that’s a “hint” to who else might be coming!

That IS deep! And I hope you are 100% correct in your sleuthing.

• Options
    rocco4UGArocco4UGA Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior

@greygoose01 said:

Here ya go:

• Options
    CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow, but at the end of the day he has to do what's best for him.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@rocco4UGA said:

@greygoose01 said:

Here ya go:

That one’ll work. I think the one I was originally thinking about was where he was hugging Kirby. Anywho, that’s the shirt!

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

I wonder why Corral stayed away from LSU? I just checked their QB depth chart. Myles Brennan would have been Corral’s big competition for playing time. Brennan was a freshman last year who barely played behind LSU’s not so good starting senior QB, Etling. And Brennan’s 247 ranking composite was 0.93. Compared with Corral’s 0.97.

My only guess is Corral wanted some place where they had almost zero choice but to play him.