Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Favorite commentator?

josh31533josh31533 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited December 2017 in General

Not sure if there’s already a thread about this. Haven’t seen one, apologies if there is. Was just curious to see who everyone’s favorite commentator is/was. Mine has to be Brad Nessler, dude is flat out funny.

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike Tirico, paints the best picture ever... could be looking away and get just as good of a visual.

Guarantee that if people say Tuberville or Danielson right now they’ll probably get a downvote... lol

• Options

@bmauldin said:
    Mike Tirico, paints the best picture ever... could be looking away and get just as good of a visual.

Guarantee that if people say Tuberville or Danielson right now they’ll probably get a downvote... lol

Agreed. I used to like Mussburger, but he and now even Joe Tessitore seem to be a little over the top. Like they think each of their comments are gonna go down as some of the all time great calls.

• Options
    HotDiggetyDawgHotDiggetyDawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Favorite for me was Lundquist, in spite of the guy next to him.
    Don't have a clear favorite currently, but I've become increasingly impressed with McElroy as a commentator. He seems to be the most unbiased one out there. A little boring on the ESPN shows for me, but calls the games well. Would also agree with Tirico being a special talent as a commentator.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@josh31533 said:

@bmauldin said:

Agreed. I used to like Mussburger, but he and now even Joe Tessitore seem to be a little over the top. Like they think each of their comments are gonna go down as some of the all time great calls.

They get annoying like a toned down, football version of Dick Vitale... again, not quite as bad.

They want to be on the highlight reel 50 years from now. Lol

• Options
    HotDiggetyDawgHotDiggetyDawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

You guys nailed it with Mussburger/Tessitore/Vitale. Really comes off as pathetic really at this point.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

12ed, are you listening?

• Options

Was just rewatching the Miss State game, and the flea flicker call where Tessitore goes “guess which Dawgs are barking first” was a little much. I loved the play and the results, the commentating not so much.

• Options

Listening to Tuberville is like what I imagine standing next to a jet engine that sounds like Fran Drescher’s laugh would be like.

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tuberville or Beth Mowins?

• Options

@Reeldawg said:
    Tuberville or Beth Mowins?

Good call, forgot about her. Either, or.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really enjoy Jordan Rogers. He honestly does a great job and very rarely gets things wrong. Also he provides the best perspective of today’s game since he just left the game.

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gus Johnson from big ten

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’d donate something of importance if we could get Keith Jackson to cover the Rose Bowl.
    “Whoaaa Nelly”

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tubberville= Vern to me. Couldn’t tolerate either. Gary can go ahead and get on his knees and praise Bama.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Huard and McElroy are both pretty good.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I enjoy Chris Collinsworth, Tony Romo, Mike Tirico, and Brad Nessler.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@josh31533 said:
    Was just rewatching the Miss State game, and the flea flicker call where Tessitore goes “guess which Dawgs are barking first” was a little much. I loved the play and the results, the commentating not so much.

I'm glad you brought that up. At the time I was thinking, "He wrote that line last Tuesday and rehearsed it way too many times."

He then yelled, "UGA, GET AFTER IT!" or something like that.

• Options
    dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we're allowed to color outside of the lines here (since the title of this thread doesn't specify "college football'), my favorite commentator in all of sports right now -- and maybe all-time -- is Doc Emrick. Nobody in the sports broadcasting biz today can touch him.

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GOAT: LARRY MUNSON! Even if he was a homer, he was magical.
    Current: Football: Jesse Palmer.
    Golf: Nick Faldo.