Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Amusing to hear tv people saying Justin Fields is Georgia's "FIRST EVER" #1 overall recruit....

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They seem to have all forgotten that Herschel Walker started the recruiting craze. He is STILL the #1 overall recruit in the history of recruiting.

Comments

  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Bankwalker said:
    They seem to have all forgotten that Herschel Walker started the recruiting craze. He is STILL the #1 overall recruit in the history of recruiting.

    yeah. some of the things done to recruit him would seem crazy today.

  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @ugadawgs07 said:
    Wasn’t Trent Thompson the #1 overall recruit?

    I think you are correct. Folks sometimes have short memories.

  • ugadawgs07ugadawgs07 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @donm said:

    @ugadawgs07 said:
    Wasn’t Trent Thompson the #1 overall recruit?

    I think you are correct. Folks sometimes have short memories.

    Maybe he wasn’t the #1 recruit in ESPN poll, and they just go off their rankings.

  • BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Trenton was per 247 composite I believe...that is more credible than ESPN.

  • greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    What was Jacob Eason?

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Eason and Thompson were.

  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @bmauldin said:
    Eason and Thompson were.

    I don't recall Eason. I think he was just the #1 QB. Rashan Gary might have been the top player.

  • TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @donm said:

    @bmauldin said:
    Eason and Thompson were.

    I don't recall Eason. I think he was just the #1 QB. Rashan Gary might have been the top player.

    Eason wasn't even the #1 QB, he was #2 behind Shea Patterson. You're correct about Rashan Gary.

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @TheSmartWay said:

    @donm said:

    @bmauldin said:
    Eason and Thompson were.

    I don't recall Eason. I think he was just the #1 QB. Rashan Gary might have been the top player.

    Eason wasn't even the #1 QB, he was #2 behind Shea Patterson. You're correct about Rashan Gary.

    You’re correct. I was thinking he was number 1 because he was the Gatorade player of the year.

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I thought Staff was a #1 recruit.

  • spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    A little off the topic, but if Fields decides to enroll early would that be a sign that Eason is leaving. I was thinking the other day that if Eason stays there is no reason for Fields to give up baseball for the last time because he would be 3rd in line in the spring. If he does make the choice would it be because Eason has told Kirby and that would put Fields at #2 in the spring with a chance to earn time on some packages. I personally hope he stays because I would prefer to have more than one solid back-up to Fromm going into next season.

  • BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Even if Fields enrolls this spring Jacob would still probably get more snaps in the spring compared to transferring to a school where he can’t play next season. I think he might see how things play out this spring and then make a decision.

  • spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @BobcatGrad said:
    Even if Fields enrolls this spring Jacob would still probably get more snaps in the spring compared to transferring to a school where he can’t play next season. I think he might see how things play out this spring and then make a decision.

    That is correct. I was referring more to Fields than Eason. Fields would not be inclined to enroll early if he was going to be 3rd in line since he does really enjoy baseball.

  • JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

    @pgjackson said:
    I thought Staff was a #1 recruit.

    no.1 QB, no.6 overall

  • WiseDawgWiseDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

    @spradlin24 said:
    A little off the topic, but if Fields decides to enroll early would that be a sign that Eason is leaving. I was thinking the other day that if Eason stays there is no reason for Fields to give up baseball for the last time because he would be 3rd in line in the spring. If he does make the choice would it be because Eason has told Kirby and that would put Fields at #2 in the spring with a chance to earn time on some packages. I personally hope he stays because I would prefer to have more than one solid back-up to Fromm going into next season.

    I thought CKS is all bout competition....not to get ahead of ourselves but fromm will have competition from Fields & if Eason stays. Just cause he played this year I thought Smart said no matter who you were ALL positions were up for grabs....Fields could come in & do the same as fromm did....or Eason for that fact....take back the starter....doesn't mean its fromms next year....a lot could happen between now & spring.

  • BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Another blast from the past was Todd Collins in 1987. He was the USA Today Defensive Player of the Year, and arguably the #1 recruit alongside RoboQB Todd Marinovich for USC. Ray Goff once blamed his struggles on the Collins brothers for transferring out, leaving the team with no LBer depth. Those were days when being a "Parade All American" meant something.

Sign In or Register to comment.