Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Coaching

HatchAttack15HatchAttack15 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

After watching Georgia blow the championship game, someone should probably let the offensive coordinator know that it's quite alright to put your best running back(Michel) in the game from time to time. In fact, it can kinda helpful. Meanwhile, Chubb was running backwards for most of the game. UGA was outcoached, badly.

Comments

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not outcoached cause we clearly did more right than wrong. Our OC made bad decisions at what seemed to be nonpivotal moments and they turned crucial.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jim Chaney Is a detriment.

• Options
    ajf611ajf611 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sony had to be injured. No way he is not in otherwise.

• Options
    shhmittyshhmitty Posts: 284 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JoelSidneyKelly said:
    UGA hung 23 points on the best scoring defense in the country.
    Truth is: Pruitt used a stable of experienced four and five star athletes to execute some brilliant second half adjustments.
    Hats off to Jim Chaney for using a true freshman QB, the worst OL the Dawgs will have for the next three years while subtracting the team's leading WR for the second half and hanging with a Saban/ Pruitt defense for four quarters.
    The future in Athens looks bright.

Yes...and let me add...Pruitt lead defense with Kirby Smart recruited talent! If you look up some of the players who contributed last night, you will see CKS recruited them to bammer. I'm usually one of the first to bash Chaney, but I don't have a bunch of negative to say about the offensive performance last night. I thought he did a pretty daggum good mixing things up, giving different looks and keeping bammer guessing. I do think he went into clock management a little early than he should in the 3rd quarter, that and the bad call on the blocked punt hurt us really bad in the second half.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That blocked punt was a game changer. Everything was different after that. We would have at least got 3 points out of that with the short field. I don't know why you can't review something like that. I know you can't review penalties, but it wasn't like a personal foul or questionable pass-interference. It was an off-sides. You either are or are not. He was not. That call changed the course of the game.

• Options
    ag05047ag05047 Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

@strange_noah said:
    The fact you guys are calling for Chaney’s head after he’s had a great season is absurd. Sure I didn’t agree with running the Wild Dawg just with Chubb but come on now. He called a great game for most of the game and had Alabama’s D on their toes. There were drives killed by no call penalties and missed opportunities by our players on the field. Hell if if Swift catches that third down throw instead of it being overthrown y’all wouldn’t be saying anything. It’s year two under smart and we just stood for to toe with the premier program in the SEC and the country with less talent on certain areas on the field. We lost by 3 points and dominated them in the first half. Who dominates Alabama ever though? Not many teams do that. What Kirby said after the game should get everyone excited especially with everyone we have coming back potentially. I know the loss hurts but Chaney does not deserve to be blamed for overall calling a good game rather than having a couple calls that didn’t make as much sense. I get Sony was the better back last night And we all wanted him in there but he wasn’t. Who knows if Fromm hits Swift on third down I’d say he would’ve been in there within the next two plays.

THIS. THIS. THIS!!!!

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    That blocked punt was a game changer. Everything was different after that. We would have at least got 3 points out of that with the short field. I don't know why you can't review something like that. I know you can't review penalties, but it wasn't like a personal foul or questionable pass-interference. It was an off-sides. You either are or are not. He was not. That call changed the course of the game.

are or are not? Off sides is often times a judgement call. In a split second the ref has to decide whether the rusher is an inch past an imaginary line or an inch on the other side of it. Not necessarily an easy call. Takes judgment.

• Options
    Lith729Lith729 Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

@pgjackson said:

Blocked punt was a huge play, but I think the turning point came later in the 3rd. Bama gets the TD to cut it to 13-7. We get it right back on the long pass to Mecole. We are back up by 13. 20-7. Then, Baker picks off Tua and we are inside the Bama 40, up 13 with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd. We are in great shape. One first down and we are in FG range. A TD and it is likely over. Fromm has Sony open around the line of scrimmage and it bounces off the head of the defender for a pick.

That pick was when the game turned in my mind.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2018

Another thread about Chaney by the usual suspects......I'M STUNNED I TELL YOU, JUST STUNNED.....

Didn't hear any of this after the SECCG or the Rose Bowl ....

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@shhmitty said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:
    UGA hung 23 points on the best scoring defense in the country.
    Truth is: Pruitt used a stable of experienced four and five star athletes to execute some brilliant second half adjustments.
    Hats off to Jim Chaney for using a true freshman QB, the worst OL the Dawgs will have for the next three years while subtracting the team's leading WR for the second half and hanging with a Saban/ Pruitt defense for four quarters.
    The future in Athens looks bright.

Yes...and let me add...Pruitt lead defense with Kirby Smart recruited talent! If you look up some of the players who contributed last night, you will see CKS recruited them to bammer. I'm usually one of the first to bash Chaney, but I don't have a bunch of negative to say about the offensive performance last night. I thought he did a pretty daggum good mixing things up, giving different looks and keeping bammer guessing. I do think he went into clock management a little early than he should in the 3rd quarter, that and the bad call on the blocked punt hurt us really bad in the second half.

Kirbys recruits comment is dead on. The future is bright.

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes Chaney has done well all year , he done well most of the game last night, untill he got conservative and tried to run the clock out to early, we needed points cause our defense was out of gas, there is no way around it, he cost us in 4th quarter, we needed our foot on the gas to go win the game and he put Chubb in for 1 yard gains. We needed more quick slants like the first quarter and majority out routes were taking to much time in second half.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lith729 said:

@pgjackson said:

Blocked punt was a huge play, but I think the turning point came later in the 3rd. Bama gets the TD to cut it to 13-7. We get it right back on the long pass to Mecole. We are back up by 13. 20-7. Then, Baker picks off Tua and we are inside the Bama 40, up 13 with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd. We are in great shape. One first down and we are in FG range. A TD and it is likely over. Fromm has Sony open around the line of scrimmage and it bounces off the head of the defender for a pick.

That pick was when the game turned in my mind.

I 110% agree