Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Newly posted ethics code

billybulldogbillybulldog Posts: 21 ✭✭ Sophomore

Thanks for the new guidelines of ethics, morals & just plain good manners. This is a forum that is designed as a place of information to inform & encourage all dawgnation fans. We are pro dawg people who wish nothing but the best result for all bulldog fans. Let's honor one another the same way we all want to be honored ourselves. We are one team & GOooooo Dawgs!

Comments

  • Pete1975Pete1975 Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Very well said! > @billybulldog said:

    Thanks for the new guidelines of ethics, morals & just plain good manners. This is a forum that is designed as a place of information to inform & encourage all dawgnation fans. We are pro dawg people who wish nothing but the best result for all bulldog fans. Let's honor one another the same way we all want to be honored ourselves. We are one team & GOooooo Dawgs!

  • levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    It's been over a week and that sign is still up.

    Any plans to take it down or its like a permanent fixture up there now?

    I'm sure whichever mod put the sign up meant well. And I'm glad the mods care about the board and are watching it. But frankly, I find it kind of embarrassing for this board that we have a "you have to behave!" sign hanging over the top of it.

  • moosmoos Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    IMO, leave it up permanently.

    From the experience of running 10,000+ person message boards before Facebook was a thing, I can assure you that people on the internet have to be reminded to behave like adults sometimes.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @moos said:
    IMO, leave it up permanently.

    From the experience of running 10,000+ person message boards before Facebook was a thing, I can assure you that people on the internet have to be reminded to behave like adults sometimes.

    Agreed. We needed it up earlier. The tone has been better since it went up. When the season starts and passions run high, people will need to be reminded not to act like children.

  • billybulldogbillybulldog Posts: 21 ✭✭ Sophomore

    respect earns respect. United we stand-divided we fall.

  • SWARLES_BARKLEYSWARLES_BARKLEY Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Bumping this discussion.

    Lately this forum has been overrun with political discussions and name-calling. Pointing it out only gets you called a snowflake or something similar. I really enjoyed this forum when it was started, but the tone has completely changed. Feel free to chime in and let me know if anyone else feels the same.

  • levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    SWARLES, were you one of the kids in school who always volunteered to be hall monitor?

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @SWARLES_BARKLEY said:
    Bumping this discussion.

    Lately this forum has been overrun with political discussions and name-calling. Pointing it out only gets you called a snowflake or something similar. I really enjoyed this forum when it was started, but the tone has completely changed. Feel free to chime in and let me know if anyone else feels the same.

    Snowflake.
    Seriously though, why do you feel the need for monotone conversation ?
    A few sharp words on a computer screen won't hurt you.

Sign In or Register to comment.