Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

1980 National Championship memorabilia question.

ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,051 mod

So I have a few memorabilia items from the 1980 National Championship. Commemorative Coke bottles, a mug and a few other small tokens. I just found a set of commemorative cocktail glasses that have been in storage for 38 years. I'm guessing theses were issued through the AJC since there are two front page headlines on either side of the glass (one from the Constitution, the other from the Journal) with the Bulldog logo plus GEORGIA BULLDOGS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 1980 in between.

Question is do any of you also have these cocktail glasses?

Comments

  • Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @ghostofuga1 said:
    So I have a few memorabilia items from the 1980 National Championship. Commemorative Coke bottles, a mug and a few other small tokens. I just found a set of commemorative cocktail glasses that have been in storage for 38 years. I'm guessing theses were issued through the AJC since there are two front page headlines on either side of the glass (one from the Constitution, the other from the Journal) with the Bulldog logo plus GEORGIA BULLDOGS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 1980 in between.

    Question is do any of you also have these cocktail glasses?

    No, but i have the bottle. It says No Refill on it under national champions. I hope that means no liquid refill, or otherwise.....

  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,051 mod

    @Dawgsauce said:

    @ghostofuga1 said:
    So I have a few memorabilia items from the 1980 National Championship. Commemorative Coke bottles, a mug and a few other small tokens. I just found a set of commemorative cocktail glasses that have been in storage for 38 years. I'm guessing theses were issued through the AJC since there are two front page headlines on either side of the glass (one from the Constitution, the other from the Journal) with the Bulldog logo plus GEORGIA BULLDOGS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 1980 in between.

    Question is do any of you also have these cocktail glasses?

    No, but i have the bottle. It says No Refill on it under national champions. I hope that means no liquid refill, or otherwise.....

    Lol, maybe that's been the problem all these years.....Never noticed that...

  • Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

    I remember those bottles....I had several six packs......where they are at today? Probably in a landfill somewhere......

  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 29,050 mod

    I think my dad has a bottle. Still might have the beach towel too. Believe you me I will find it if he has it

  • Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Those bottles didn’t suddenly become worth anything did they?

    Is so funny how these corporations will come up with any nonsense to sell us stuff, and we’ll believe them. LOL @ collector’s items. Wouldn’t surprise me to find out if they made a million of those **** coke bottles,

    And yes, I’m pretty sure I do have some in my basement. I know I’ve seen them down there in the last couple of years.

  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,051 mod

    No. The Coke bottles don't have any significant value except to those who have them. Mass production and lot out there. I'm just trying to find out about other items that I've not come across yet.

  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,051 mod

    For reference;

  • Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @ghostofuga1 said:
    For reference;

    Before my time, but I still want that so badly! I’m jealous!

  • Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @jarred_buck Out of curiousity. If you had those tumblers, what would you do with them?

    I guess I don’t get the whole collectibles bit.

    But to you guys who enjoy it, more power to you.

  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 29,050 mod

    @levander said:
    @jarred_buck Out of curiousity. If you had those tumblers, what would you do with them?

    I guess I don’t get the whole collectibles bit.

    But to you guys who enjoy it, more power to you.

    For me I get it. Love it. Wonder six months later what I do with it going forward

  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,051 mod

    @Kasey said:

    @levander said:
    @jarred_buck Out of curiousity. If you had those tumblers, what would you do with them?

    I guess I don’t get the whole collectibles bit.

    But to you guys who enjoy it, more power to you.

    For me I get it. Love it. Wonder six months later what I do with it going forward

    Same here. But I do have a small stash for whenever I get around to doing a Dawg "man cave" and game watching room.

    With this same thought in mind, I have a set of 4 of these glasses still in the original box (opened but never used) and one loose one. More than likely going to keep the one and put the 4 box on eBay. Don't need all and would prefer to sell the set as a whole.

  • Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @levander said:
    @jarred_buck Out of curiousity. If you had those tumblers, what would you do with them?

    I guess I don’t get the whole collectibles bit.

    But to you guys who enjoy it, more power to you.

    Set them up in the man cave! I’ve got a room where That I am trying to load up with UGA memorabilia. Slowly making it awesome!

  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,051 mod

    So I listed the set of four in the original box on eBay. Starting bid at $20 which I think is pretty fair for something like this.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/292462212949?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

  • Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I have a coffee cup like those.

Sign In or Register to comment.