Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Between the lines on coaches salaries

greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited February 2018 in General

A few notes on the new salary information released last week: (1) Mel Tucker is making $1.5m v Jim Chaney at $950,000. That’s a big difference. (2) One of Chaney’s assistants, James Coley, has been bumped to $850,000, just 11% below his boss. Sam Pittman is close behind at $825,000. You might even say Chaney’s raise was required only to keep two on his staff from making as much as he does, and not necessarily because of merit. (3) Tucker received a 66% raise, and Chaney much less, 11%. So... (4) It would appear CKS and Greg McGarity are not as high on Chaney as they are other rising stars. Is it just me who sees it this way? It might also point to Coley as a co-assistant OC soon, something I’ve seen mentioned as a reason he didn’t go to A&M.

Comments

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Could be. Could also be that no one was interviewing Chaney for other positions either. Both Tucker and Coley had other options, but no public word on Chaney being interviewed for other spots.

• otis1105otis1105 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chaney appears to have less aspirations to be a HC. Coley obviously is wanting to become an OC, and Pittman is worth every penny of whatever they pay him. MT will be a head coach in a year or 2 so I think Kirby promised to pay him this coming year in order to keep him for what I think we can all agree will be a big transition year and the young talent will need a lot of good coaching.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Spot on, Otis, sounds like we promised Tucker more money to stop interviewing for other jobs for awhile. It’s inevitable, though, that he’ll be gobbled up for a HC position, sooner than later.