Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

*TIGER* ????

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay, thanks for the suggestion @moos. I just PM’d SavageDawg17 who at least used to be a mod here and is still listed as one in his profile. As long as he doesn’t ask me not to, I’ll post his response here as it should be instead of this silly game where no one’s saying anything.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    @georgiaboy Yes, I see you’re downvote. Why are you so adamant that people who want to know what’s going on not be able to figure it out?

If you don’t like this thread, why don’t you and the other hear no evil, see no evil monkeys we’ve got on here just skip this thread and move on to the next one?

You must be a democrat. You demand stuff that you have no right to and get bent way out of shape when someone doesn't share your opinion.
    Why are y'all crying anyway. Your boy Tiger is already back if you just look for him. It's so obvious. He obviously got banned for posting all of those links on here. He's not doing that anymore, but he's still posting.

• Options
    SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@BamaDawg said:
    I'm going to go on record as saying that i doubt that we get an explanation from @sethemerson, @SavageDawg17, @JeffSentell.

I have no idea. It wasn't me and I didn't realize it until just now reading this.

• Options

@SavageDawg17 said:

@BamaDawg said:
    I'm going to go on record as saying that i doubt that we get an explanation from @sethemerson, @SavageDawg17, @JeffSentell.

I have no idea. It wasn't me and I didn't realize it until just now reading this.

Just curious @SavageDawg17 , who all are Mods on this forum?

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@georgiaboy said:

@levander said:
    @georgiaboy Yes, I see you’re downvote. Why are you so adamant that people who want to know what’s going on not be able to figure it out?

If you don’t like this thread, why don’t you and the other hear no evil, see no evil monkeys we’ve got on here just skip this thread and move on to the next one?

You must be a democrat. You demand stuff that you have no right to and get bent way out of shape when someone doesn't share your opinion.
    Why are y'all crying anyway. Your boy Tiger is already back if you just look for him. It's so obvious. He obviously got banned for posting all of those links on here. He's not doing that anymore, but he's still posting.

You...you just called levander a democrat.
    Oh boy.
    This is gonna be hilarious.

It was more of a question, but he fits the profile.

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018

@JeffSentell mentions Tiger in today’s podcast. I think an answer is forthcoming.

29.22 minutes in the podcast.

I posted that we should call time of death on this thread earlier.

Perhaps most of the mods didn’t realize Tiger was banned.

Regardless, if Jeff mentioned Tiger (it is very brief), I think he will find out what is going on.

In short, I jumped to some conclusions and I was wrong for doing so. My apologies.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How does someone not realize they banned someone? I haven’t caught the podcast yet, but that seems odd.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:

@Reeldawg said:
    @JeffSentell mentions Tiger in today’s podcast. I think an answer is forthcoming.

I don't blame him, there's a violent internet uprising brewing here.
    I demand a congressional investigation and the equivalent of body cams for everything the mods do around here.
    And a full pardon for tiger
    And free kroger coupons

This may not be the appropriate stage, but janglesbro, you need to get the inside on my local bojan> @BojanglesInsider said:

@Reeldawg said:

I posted that we should call time of death on this thread earlier.

Looks like the mods didn’t realize Tiger was banned.

In short, I was wrong. I jumped to conclusions. My apologies.

It wasn't sentell or savage, but emerson and towers have mod powers as far as we know.
    It was either gross negligence or corruption. This is a yuge scandal tbh.

For some reason I could see chip towers' pet cat jumping on the keyboard with the PC logged on here and banning tiger. While towers was gone to take a number 2 if you know what I mean. Then I could see towers covering it all up to hide the humiliation.

In which case we need to prosecute said cat to the fullest extent of internet lynch mob justice.
    Of course this is the best case scenario, we could easily be looking at something far more nefarious and sinister.

@JRT812 said:
    How does someone not realize they banned someone? I haven’t caught the podcast yet, but that seems odd.

Something smells fishy. And cats like fish. I like my chip towers cat theory more and more.

Hahaha. Just slightly choked on a bo-round janglesbro.

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018

@georgiaboy said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@georgiaboy said:

@levander said:

Oh boy.

It was more of a question, but he fits the profile.

@levander Democrat for Congress. I like it. Nice ring to it. You got my vote.

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@georgiaboy said:

@levander said:

Oh boy.

Actually, that’s the first thing @georgiaboy has said in this thread that’s the least bit insightful. It’s been so weird being accused of being a Trump supporter on this board.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tiger isn't the only one who has been banned and for the life of me I don't know why. I contacted Seth and Chip and neither one could give me an answer, Chip is checking on it though. Seems like there should be a way to contact the mod and at least find out why. Extremely frustrating.

• Options

One of my theory’s as to what’s going on is that DawgNation’s face, their strength has always been solid reporting by Chip, Seth, BA and Jeff. And we’re lucky enough that BA and Jeff have really gone out of their way to foster a relationship with our little community here. But there’s also been this corporate presence that doesn’t seem to get too much in the way of our journalist’s efforts to really build a site and community around Bulldawg football. There have been little things little BA and Jeff have no idea to fix the lingering software bugs here and there on DawgNation.com. And the corporate side of the house, who most likely just doesn’t use the software nearly as much as we do, has just been happy enough to ignore them. But now has someone on the corporate side of the house decided to take an interest in modding the forum? Despite a few lingering bugs in the software, overall the software really is pretty good. But some of these mod decisions lately....

If there is some cubicle dweller in the AJC offices who’s gotten a little power happy, please just kindly undo your misdeeds and take a look at joining the good guys in appreciati;g an inclusive forum. This really doesn’t seem like the kind of place that’s gonna hold a grudge if you undo this stuff.

That’s one theory.

• Options

My second theory is someone has hacked a mod account.

@Lefty being banned seems to support that theory. Click on his name. I can’t look at his posts. But he’s got way more upvotes than downvotes. Doesn’t seem like a prime candidate for banning.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander said:
    My second theory is someone has hacked a mod account.

@Lefty being banned seems to support that theory. Click on his name. I can’t look at his posts. But he’s got way more upvotes than downvotes. Doesn’t seem like a prime candidate for banning.

Thanks,it's been very disheartening.