Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Well, if you're bored, you can always go to Volnation for some laughs..

ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Albeit 80% of their fans there are pretty realistic, they still have some that smoke orange crack. I got a kick out this post;

Unread 03-26-2018, 08:13 PM #39
Nationdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlitovol View Post
"Let’s not forget, Smart went 7-5 in his first year with UGA and had significantly more talent. Lost to Vandy and barely squeaked by Nicholls St (by 2), Ky (by 3) and Mizzou (by 1). Could’ve easily missed a Bowl game.

And look what happened in year 2.

There will be growing pains this year with the new staff, and we’ll have a patchwork OL/DL along with limited depth at pretty much every position on the field.

I guess what I’m trying to say is ‘please pump the brakes’."

"Pruit will own that soy boy. Jeremy will go into Georgia in the coming years and plunder the state. He'll take whatever pleases him and Kirby won't be able to stop him. He will build a great Wall around Tennessee, so high that Kirby can't get over it."

Comments

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why try go over this fantasy wall when you can just go through it.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

@Reeldawg said:
    Why try go over this fantasy wall when you can just go through it.

...and pluck maybe 1 or 2 players every other year.... :D

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

And then this guy will wake up. And realize it was all a dream

• Options
    CroatiadawgCroatiadawg Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Silver_Britches said:
    Vol Nation and Hee Haw, that's some high-quality entertainment right there! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZY__j0Tyk

Man, thanks for the Hee Haw reference - not only is it a good material to make fun of the hillbillies, but brings back a lot of memories. The original Saturday Night Live.

Here's hoping that after a string of dooley, kiffin, jones and pruitt the hillbillies are singing "Gloom, Despair, and Agony on me, deep dark depression, excessive misery, if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all, gloom despair and agony on me...."

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I visit Volnation when I'm bored from time to time. One of their posters, OrangeDefense (oxymoron I know), is convinced that Kirby has never and will never beat Pruitt. There are multiple threads where he mentions this "fact". Even his fellow Volnation crew constantly have to remind him that Kirby beat our breaks off us 38-10 with Pruitt running the D. That whole site is good for a few chuckles if you feel like wasting some time.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2018

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Albeit 80% of their fans there are pretty realistic, they still have some that smoke orange crack. I got a kick out this post;

Nationdom
    Quote:
    "Let’s not forget, Smart went 7-5 in his first year with UGA and had significantly more talent. Lost to Vandy and barely squeaked by Nicholls St (by 2), Ky (by 3) and Mizzou (by 1). Could’ve easily missed a Bowl game.

There will be growing pains this year with the new staff, and we’ll have a patchwork OL/DL along with limited depth at pretty much every position on the field.

"Pruit will own that soy boy. Jeremy will go into Georgia in the coming years and plunder the state. He'll take whatever pleases him and Kirby won't be able to stop him. He will build a great Wall around Tennessee, so high that Kirby can't get over it."

Wow!, consumption of anything that is orange....like maybe Kool-Aid, possibly some kind of substance abuse issue? I have no idea. Orange (to me) just isn't good for anyone. Mental illness (seemingly) are the end results.

• Options

In cases like this, I always remember the lyrics from Rocky Top, that they all "get their corn from a jar."

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I go there to feel better about life when the wife is cracking the whip or the boss man gets on to me for not shaking the bush.

Sometimes I go a step further and call one of my vol friends and bring up football. It’s like drinking a green shake in the morning and feel immediately better.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

vol nation is like the Rodney Dangerfield of college football, good for some laughs but gets no respect.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

Nationdom
    Quote:

They couldn't even plunder Georgia for recruits during the last years Fulmer was coaching.....after cherry picking whomever he chose during the Goff and Donnan years. I doubt they will do it now. Sure, Pruitt will get a few. After all, we can't sign them all. What I would like to see is Kirby making UGA a brand that recruits itself like Alabama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, etc. and can reel in blue-chippers from all over the nation.....not just in the Southeast.

• Options

@jgf1031 said:
    I visit Volnation when I'm bored from time to time. One of their posters, OrangeDefense (oxymoron I know), is convinced that Kirby has never and will never beat Pruitt. There are multiple threads where he mentions this "fact". Even his fellow Volnation crew constantly have to remind him that Kirby beat our breaks off us 38-10 with Pruitt running the D. That whole site is good for a few chuckles if you feel like wasting some time.

If you really want to piss that guy off, remind him that Butch Jones-coached Tennessee averaged 35 PPG playing against a Pruitt-coached defense at UGA. Also remind him that Saban & Kirby shredded his defense 38-10 in 2015.

• Options
    edited April 2018

@christopherules said:
    In cases like this, I always remember the lyrics from Rocky Top, that they all "get their corn from a jar."

And smoke their Meth from a RC Cola can.

• Options

@UnderDog68 said:

@christopherules said:

And smoke their Meth from a RC Cola can.

That's FUNNY!, & (when I actually think about it?) a little sad too....

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So who's going to be our next commit pulled out of Tennessee? aHAHAHAHAHAHa. Wow they are delusional, the air must be pretty thin up there!

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@jgf1031 said:

If you really want to piss that guy off, remind him that Butch Jones-coached Tennessee averaged 35 PPG playing against a Pruitt-coached defense at UGA. Also remind him that Saban & Kirby shredded his defense 38-10 in 2015.

Oh I don't have to say anything to him at all. His fellow Volnation posters have tried to bring him down to earth with those same stats.
    It's okay to be optimistic, but jeez he's setting himself up for colossal disappointment. I can't wait to watch it all unfold.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2018

Did someone tell him we have the #3 prospect in Tennessee committed to Georgia and basically Tennessee royalty signed last year. Those are great reminders as well.

• Options
    edited April 2018

Those poor, poor VOLS. They must have within their own legions that certain "special, select segment" of their fan base, that those truly are some of the most "challenged" people I have ever seen alive anywhere. The lyrics to "Rocky Top" explain a lot. Bless their hearts.

• Options
    JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh man this is hilarious. Tenn is dumpster juice running out of a planned parenthood dumpster. There, someone had to say it!

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think th reason Vol fans look so goofy these days is the smart ones have given up and moved on. I’m sure they still watch and hope for the best. But they just don’t run their mouth about it so much. So the silly ones who don’t know any better are the main ones hanging around talking about it.