Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Farewell Seth Emerson...

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Travisnunnally said:
    Towers will put out 4 articles in one day when a player is arrested, you can read his delight in them.
    Stay blind my friend.

Actually, I think it is you reading his delight into it. I don't read his "negative" articles that way. I just see him reporting what he finds.

• Options
    TravisnunnallyTravisnunnally Posts: 87 ✭ Freshman

@donm said:

@Travisnunnally said:
    Jeff sentell is an impartial journalist, I think he's great at his job. Chip Towers seems biased against UGA, not impartial. Brandon Adams is biased for UGA, but he owns it and he gets respect for that.

All of this is your opinion, of course.

No, BA part is fact.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Travisnunnally said:

@donm said:

@Travisnunnally said:
    Jeff sentell is an impartial journalist, I think he's great at his job. Chip Towers seems biased against UGA, not impartial. Brandon Adams is biased for UGA, but he owns it and he gets respect for that.

All of this is your opinion, of course.

No, BA part is fact.

OK, 2/3 of it is your opinion.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Travisnunnally said:
    Emerson and Towers sure do have a bunch of girlfriends on this forum.

Go home to momma, you need to get your diaper changed.

• Options

@Lefty13 said:

@Travisnunnally said:

Your momma?

• Options

@Lefty13 said:

@Travisnunnally said:

Insults across the internet while hiding behind a fake name, real brave of you there.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thread was was from back in the day that was brought to life because someone missed hearing Seth speak. I don’t understand the hate. Everyone has an opinion.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So you’re complaining about the quality and content of Seth’s journalism while, at the same time, posting “your mama” comments behind a screen name, “Lefty13?” Geez. Good stuff, y’all. Good stuff.

• Options

I am posting under my real name, not scared to own what I post.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Travisnunnally said:

33 posts in 1 day, yet nearly contributing nothing to this forum. Congratulations Travis. All You've managed to do so far is reply to a post that is about 9 months old and irrelevant & make controversial statements about writers while frequenting their place of work. You probably complain about the food at some local restaurant, yet eat their every Saturday night.

• Options

@jarred_buck said:

@Travisnunnally said:

33 posts in 1 day, yet nearly contributing nothing to this forum. Congratulations Travis. All You've managed to do so far is reply to a post that is about 9 months old and irrelevant & make controversial statements about writers while frequenting their place of work. You probably complain about the food at some local restaurant, yet eat their every Saturday night.

And you make assumptions based on your imagination.

• Options

Public figures are fair game, get over it.

• Options

More like a correlation, based off of your actions so far. I really hope this isn't how you're going to continue to be Travis.

• Options

Do you think you have the slightest bit of control over what I post?
    No, you do not.
    Grow up and except that you are not relevant to me or my post.

• Options

You just aren't very bright. You keep bragging about how you use your real name and try to point out people that don't, yet you are making your own name look silly. I hope that isn't your real name because none of this is a good look for you Travis.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I liked reading Seth Emerson. He was honest about reporting problems. As fans we need to hear about them before they turn into Ohio State, Florida or Mississippi.

Chip Towers works very hard to be fair and balanced. He grew up around Athens went to Georgia and has spent most of his life reporting on Georgia. What may seem to you to be anti Georgia is someone who loves Georgia but been let down to often.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Travisnunnally said:

@levander said:
    It’s sad people can’t take even the low scrutiny level of reporting Chip Towers provides. Really **** sad. He’ll ask questions and make points. But it’s far from anything like he’s running around trying to find the smoking gun.

People are so used to **** like FOX "NEWS"

There, I fixed it for you.

FOX News is much like CNN. Not sure why you would think it would be one or the other.

• Options
    PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Congrats. Thanks for all the great work!

• Options