Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Under Armour

coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comibg on the heels of the controversy in college basketball with the shoe and apparel company representatives , college coaches, and AAU coaches, it seems like bad timing for OP to change to the Under Armour game and then to thank one of their representatives for helping with his commitment process. May not have played a role in his decision but it sure looks fishy to me. Anyway, good luck to Owen, we’ll see you November of 2019.

Comments

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you @VaBeachDawg , I ‘m not saying anything improper was done, just saying that it’s not the best look given Watson’s ties to Under Armour and whatever position he has at Grayson.

• Options
    SWARLES_BARKLEYSWARLES_BARKLEY Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@VaBeachDawg said:
    I don’t know about all that. And by that I mean I don’t know anything else about it other than being aware of all the facts you state. but I would really like @JeffSentell or someone to do a really in-depth 48-hours mistories style docudrama on what the in the holy BLEEP is going on behind the scenes at Grayson. Interview math teachers, The JV kicker, anyone who will talk and map out who the movers and shakers are. I may have been born at night but it wasn’t last night. I don’t believe for a second there is not a really interesting story to report there....

Grayson has been a ****show for years, in terms of their relationship with UGA. Out of 20+ guys they've churned out over the last 4-5 years we've landed two. One, maybe both of them (we'll see about Gibbs) have been complete non-factors. But the more telling issue is that the vast majority of Grayson kids don't even look at Georgia.

Whether it can be tied to one individual or not, who knows. But it's clear that their players have been steered away for some time now. Add to that the fact that Auburn plays the biased coaches angle better than anyone (Markaviest Bryant?) and it's going to be a huge uphill climb to even get to the table with some of these guys.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2018

Another “Auburn Armor” all- star game flip. Or “Under Auburn”.

Either way F’m they can have em

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scam Newton 2.0 operation in full swing now apparently. Typical Barners. Pay to play.