Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves...

AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The 2018 edition of the Braves reminds me of the mid-nineties Braves. Solid offense, solid starting pitching and good (not great) relief pitching. I think the additions this year (Albies, Acuna, Tucker, Camargo, etc.) have energized the whole team. Hope they continue their winning ways.

Comments

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loving it. With the young core that looks to be developing they could have some real staying power, too.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Acuna is being Acuña, Albies had 10 homers, Tucker solid off the bench, Dansby is back, Camargo is back and that rotation is getting better with every start.

How’s that for a run on sentance?

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smoltz, Glavin and Maddux. What a trio.

Every year I would wonder who wins 20 games first.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every franchise in baseball would love to have a core of Acuña, Albies, Swanson, Inciarte, and Freeman. Couple that with the litany of high upside arms knocking down the door in the minors and the Braves will be good for a long time. I’m just glad that we don’t have to hear all of the idiots complaining about us trading away all of our good players anymore. It’s called a rebuild for a reason.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go braves ......

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@Bigcalidawg said:
    How’s that for a run on sentance?

Imprassive

Oh Lord. Grammar po po

• Options

That word and questionairre I get wrong every time

• Options
    corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:
    The 2018 edition of the Braves reminds me of the mid-nineties Braves. Solid offense, solid starting pitching and good (not great) relief pitching. I think the additions this year (Albies, Acuna, Tucker, Camargo, etc.) have energized the whole team. Hope they continue their winning ways.

Camargo and Albies were on the team last year. But I agree everyone seems energized.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really want to see if Albies in particular levels off at some point. He'd mostly shown to be a doubles/gap guy with quicks and a decent glove in moving up through the system. He hasn't shown this kind of pop at any stop along the way. I figured he might be a 20-hr guy which is great considering his other skills. He's tracking to do much more at this point.

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's only 20 years old, he will continue to developed and get stronger for next several years

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sure miss the Richmond Braves who left for Gwinnett a decade ago. I grew up on International League Baseball in Columbus, Ohio (worked in dugout and press box for four years) and have great memories seeing players like Dale Murphy, Cal Ripken and Don Mattingly playing in the minors. When I moved to Richmond it was incredible with the talent Richmond had with Gant, Smoltz, Glavine, Justice, Chipper Jones and others.