Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Who will The Hawks take at #3 ?..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unless Doncic falls it will likely be either Bagley or Jaren Jackson.
Bagley is ready to be a scorer and rebounder from day one. Jackson has tremendous potential as a defender and in time may become a pretty good scorer and very good rebounder.

So, who will they take and who would you take ?

Comments

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bagley / Bagley

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Bagley / Bagley

I'm leaning that way too, but Jackson's defense is so stellar I'm a bit torn.
    If management could pull off a trade of Dennis The Menace and pick up another high pick I'd go with Jackson and Trae Young. They would give us a great post defender a top score and a true PG.

• Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The consensus is Bagley, assuming Doncic and Ayton are off the board. Anything else would be a surprise and (in my mind) a disappointment. Those 3 guys are head and shoulders above the rest. Hawks staff supposedly high on Bagley. Also, Dennis played like crap last season and trading him for a top 5-7 pick to get Trae Young seems like a stretch. We played better this season with Dennis on the bench. I'd love to get rid of him and grab Young, but we'd probably have to build a pretty strong package for that slot. Maybe throw in some of our other picks?

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NBA is a scoring league first and foremost. Need scoring. Hawks were 25 out of 30 in average points scores per game.

• Options

Doncic has oddly jumped up the mocks and now is #2 on most boards, I think he might be 5th on my board.

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bagley ... unless the Hawks pull off a Monster Trade ...

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@TheSmartWay said:
    The consensus is Bagley, assuming Doncic and Ayton are off the board. Anything else would be a surprise and (in my mind) a disappointment. Those 3 guys are head and shoulders above the rest. Hawks staff supposedly high on Bagley. Also, Dennis played like crap last season and trading him for a top 5-7 pick to get Trae Young seems like a stretch. We played better this season with Dennis on the bench. I'd love to get rid of him and grab Young, but we'd probably have to build a pretty strong package for that slot. Maybe throw in some of our other picks?

Now Dennis has run his mouth that he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuilding... Hawks don't need that sh!t in the locker room from a supposed "leader"! #smh