Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Happy Memorial Day 2018

christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited May 2018 in General

I just wanted to wish all of y'all (& your families too) a most Happy Memorial Day for 2018. I am an 11 year USMC Veteran, & I always do get a bit emotional over the reason that we have this particular holiday, & it's meaning/significance. We STILL (today) all live in the greatest country that there is anywhere on the planet, and a LOT of people have died for us throughout our nation's history for it to continue to be that way. Anyway, have a GREAT day today y'all.

Comments

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I appreciate the sacrifice and thankful for the service!

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And remember the VA. Demand it be funded and staffed by excellent leaders. Not doing too well.

• Options

@FirePlugDawg said:
    And remember the VA. Demand it be funded and staffed by excellent leaders. Not doing too well.

@FirePlugDawg Amen sir!

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Thanks to @pgjackson @tymoon31 (who I know served in the military) @christopherules and anyone else I missed or didn't know. It is much appreciated by this civilian.

Thanks bud, just remember who this day is really about. I have the fallen 9 of 3/6 I'm drinking for today. Firing up the smoker as soon as the rain lets up enough to get it goin. Everyone have a blessed day and remember those that laid it down on the lines to keep that evil over there and not here. And GO DAWGS!!

• Options

@FirePlugDawg said:

Id rather them scrap it and give us private insurance. I use my company insurance instead of going through the incompetentcy of the VA.

• Options

@tymoon31 said:

@Kasey said:
    Thanks to @pgjackson @tymoon31 (who I know served in the military) @christopherules and anyone else I missed or didn't know. It is much appreciated by this civilian.

Thanks bud, just remember who this day is really about. I have the fallen 9 of 3/6 I'm drinking for today. Firing up the smoker as soon as the rain lets up enough to get it goin. Everyone have a blessed day and remember those that laid it down on the lines to keep that evil over there and not here. And GO DAWGS!!

May our Almighty God bless them & their families. Semper Fi to you too Devil Dog, & thank you for giving all the rest of us the nickname “Devil Dogs”

• Options

@tymoon31 said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

Id rather them scrap it and give us private insurance. I use my company insurance instead of going through the incompetentcy of the VA.

They always (as in forever) been a real cluster**** at the VA. Sad. Semper Fi.

• Options
    edited May 2018

@tymoon31 there really aren’t words here. I’m so very sorry for their loss (to their wives, girlfriends, & especially their mothers too, & all of their brother Marines) & I’m getting just a bit too.... must be a lot of dust in this room I’m in here??? My eyes they are a watering. Happy Memorial Day. Have one for Dan Daily, Chesty Puller, & all of these fine individuals here too! (They’d want that, & you KNOW that’s true!) “time for some LIBBO baby!!!

• Options

@tymoon31 PS - The Lance Corporal IS the backbone of the Marine Corps!

• Options

@christopherules said:
    @tymoon31 PS - The Lance Corporal IS the backbone of the Marine Corps!

Absolutely

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

May I add my best wishes to all who have served, especially to those who didn’t make it home. Glad to be an American!

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m the guy in the middle, 49.5 Year’s ago in Phu Bai, South Vietnam, clowning around with some of my buds.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Said this in another thread and thought it was fitting here as well.

Fired the Lang up and broke out a 1964 out of remembrance for the service. Got to say I am blessed to be able to do it.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Just a very small reminder of why we're here, able to to post on this board, while living in a FREE Country!!

God Bless Them All!!!

• Options
    dawgOf2002dawgOf2002 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks you for your service brother ppl like you are put on this earth so the rest of us can wake up every morning FREE. The upmost gratitude and respect to you sir.