Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Instead of writing new articles about old games...

levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Found the Loran Smith article confusing and hard to follow. Not sure if he just described a couple of things wrong or if I need to go back and re-read what he wrote to figure it out.

But it’s not like written text articles are a new invention. I think it’d be a lot more entertaining to just publish articles written 50 years ago about these great games...

Shouldn’t be too hard to find if you have access to some kind of archives. And would be a fun way to fill the off season. A big part of this whole college football thing is supposed to be tradition.

Lewis Grizzard was an AJC writer, right? The owners of this site probably already own the publishing rites for his stuff. Surely there are other AJC writers like that.

Comments

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Remember when Jim Donnan bit Loran's head off on the sideline once for asking about players cramping up?

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    Found the Loran Smith article confusing and hard to follow. Not sure if he just described a couple of things wrong or if I need to go back and re-read what he wrote to figure it out.

But it’s not like written text articles are a new invention. I think it’d be a lot more entertaining to just publish articles written 50 years ago about these great games...

Shouldn’t be too hard to find if you have access to some kind of archives. And would be a fun way to fill the off season. A big part of this whole college football thing is supposed to be tradition.

Lewis Grizzard was an AJC writer, right? The owners of this site probably already own the publishing rites for his stuff. Surely there are other AJC writers like that.

@levander IMHO (with all of his faults, & flaws) Lewis Grizzard was a once in a lifetime type of talent. Those of us exposed to his musings, & sense of humor, are lucky to have enjoyed that kind of entertainment he provided. Hope they (whoever they are?) can find someone even half as good as Lewis Grizzard was! PS - GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lewis Grizzard's opinions and columns would never be tolerated in today's PC world.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought later about that article and Ithink the reason I found it confusing was maybe because I read part II and didn’t read part I. When I checked the web site, part II was at the top and I didn’t read any further.

Still think it would be interesting to see more articles posted from earlier times. Teach some of us who haven’t followed the Bulldogs since much before Richt more about the tradition of the team. And there’s not much else going on with recruiting being slow.