Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Bullpen

coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For the second time this season, the Padres are using their relieves to start and pitch the whole game against the Braves. Given the Padres bullpen depth and need for a starter, and the Braves excess of starters and need for relievers, it seems like teams could both benefit from a trade. Question: Who would you like to see Braves trade to get bullpen help - Tehran, McCarthy, Sanchez, Gohara, or prospects?

Comments

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bullpen seems to be the biggest issue the team has, along with 3rd. McCarthy might be headed for long relief once the starters are all healthy, though. They're going to have to decide what they have in Gohara. Before he got hurt in the spring he was ahead of Newcombe, Soroka and all the other young starters. Was it a temporary setback or do they now view him as expendable given how good the other young starters have looked?

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McCarthy would be my choice to trade, but given his contract and the way he"s pitched, I don"t think you could get much in return. Maybe McCarthy could go to pen and take Moylan"s spot. If Gohara gets straightened out, he could take Freeman"s spot in relief rotation. Would take care of two biggest issues with bullpen.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg said:
    McCarthy would be my choice to trade, but given his contract and the way he"s pitched, I don"t think you could get much in return. Maybe McCarthy could go to pen and take Moylan"s spot. If Gohara gets straightened out, he could take Freeman"s spot in relief rotation. Would take care of two biggest issues with bullpen.

I know everyone loves Moylan, but he’s not much help. Let Wisler or some younger guy have a chance.