Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    IwantburchIwantburch Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

the speculation around why Evans was suspended/kicked off the team is alarming.

not sure I want him in this class anymore.

would be happy with just Milton or any of

Lloyd/Chaney/Clayton

rather not waste a scholarship on a guy that might leave if he doesn’t have everything his way.

Dont want to put words in someone else’s mouth, but I think Kirby has learned his lesson and feels the same.

• Options
    BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Were you there to definitively say you don't want him in the class?

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Tito was my favorite Jackson. (excluding Janet).

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

based on WHAT exactly? Be specific if you are gonna lay that out there.

• Options

If he mouthed off enough to a coach so that he possibly got kicked off the team then yes I don’t want him.

he is by far the best player in his team. When he comes to Georgia he won’t be. His first year or 2 will be tough, and if he is already showing these signs in HS, then I’d rather just move on

• Options

Exactly

All I’m insinuating is that we have the luxury of riches at RB to be able to tell a guy like Evans no, and not be affected by it.

after the Gibbs/Fields/Cox drama I don’t want to deal with that again if possible.

• Options

There are 64 other P5 and 129 other FBS schools for him to do that at.

with the scholarship crunch and recent track record we have I think the smart thing to do here would be to just let this one go.

• Options
    dgdawgdgdawg Posts: 242 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with this. I don't want to mentally knee jerk with it too far. Kids make mistakes and are able to learn from them. I'm going to be interested to see how he bounces back. Is he on the sidelines being a good teammate while suspended? Does this happen again? Things like this can build character in the long run.

• Options

Im not trying to write a kid off for 1 incident.

if it wasn’t that big of a deal, then the coach wouldn’t have taken the action that he did.

Coaches input are a major evaluation tool when recruiting players.

Kirby and staff will do the due diligence in evaluating what happened in this specific situation and see if they need to change their assessment of Evans

If he is in this class I have all the faith that this was an isolated incident from a kid that just wanted to help his team win.

if he isn’t in this class, then it wouldn’t surprise me if this incident is a big reason why

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Evans were kicked off the team, I would consider not recruiting him. Short of that, no big deal. Just needs to handle his suspension properly, even if the coach was wrong.

This discussion has been closed.