Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Im Ready For The Falcons To Trade Julio

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

I just saw that Julio is working out with Terrell Owens..the single most selfish player in NFL history. JJ has gone tone deaf, I just hope it doesn't rub off on him.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A top WR holds out every year. Julio is get 7M less than Antonio Brown who is the best WR in football. If Julio isn't #2 he's in the top 3. NFL players have no security so its right that he holds out. Its a union agreement that he has that option to seek his money. These arent MLB or NBA contracts. I dont get how he's on the downslope when his stats match up yearly. As a NFL fan I know for a fact the most you'd get for Julio is maybe 2 first rounders at best. As a Packers fan you over paid your QB and didnt take care of the best player on your team. Julio Jones will literally be voted at a Top 10 player by his coworkers this week. That says a lot about his talent. Every WR is supporting Julio (even UGAs own AJ Green). He deserves to be paid for his work otherwise he should hold out til he is compensated fairly.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@WCDawg said:
    I just saw that Julio is working out with Terrell Owens..the single most selfish player in NFL history. JJ has gone tone deaf, I just hope it doesn't rub off on him.

T.O. has no effect on Julio. T.O. is probably one of the hardest workers in NFL history at WR. He is top 3 WR of all time. Julio is working to get better at his craft. The fact T.O. just ran a 4.5 is a sign that you want Julio to train with him. It gets him better. T.O. doesnt seem more selfish than Ochocinco, Merriman, Brandon Marshall, Plaxico, Vick, etc. T.O. gave his heart on the field and stayed in shape. I'll take that any day. Jerry Jones, Roger Goodell, and Jim Irsay are the two most selfish people in NFL period.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:
    Ancient coaching quote
    “There is no letter I in T-E-A-M.”
    Julio Jones ought to know that better than most. He no longer wants to be a part of his team? Then he needs his walking papers.

The modern player's response to that is, "but there is a ME in TEAM"

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s a shame.

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

He was flat out disappointing last year.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m ready for the falcons to quit being the falcons we all grew up knowing.

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have a question for everybody on here. What's Matt Ryan's playoff record since Julio Jones has been on the Falcon's roster?

• Options

@Thelordjohnson said:

@WCDawg said:

T.O. has no effect on Julio. T.O. is probably one of the hardest workers in NFL history at WR. He is top 3 WR of all time. Julio is working to get better at his craft. The fact T.O. just ran a 4.5 is a sign that you want Julio to train with him. It gets him better. T.O. doesnt seem more selfish than Ochocinco, Merriman, Brandon Marshall, Plaxico, Vick, etc. T.O. gave his heart on the field and stayed in shape. I'll take that any day. Jerry Jones, Roger Goodell, and Jim Irsay are the two most selfish people in NFL period.

T.O. was cancer to every team he ever played for. I don't know of any other player in any sport who was as self centered or who time after time threw teammates under the bus like that guy did.
    Is is just a coincidence JJ stayed away from a mandatory camp while in this slime ball's company ?

• Options

@JRT812 said:
    I’m ready for the falcons to quit being the falcons we all grew up knowing.

They stopped being that team the year Matt Ryan came to town.
    Or are you too young to remember being the worst team in The NFL for decades ?

• Options

@Bankwalker said:

@christopherules said:
    Ancient coaching quote
    “There is no letter I in T-E-A-M.”
    Julio Jones ought to know that better than most. He no longer wants to be a part of his team? Then he needs his walking papers.

The modern player's response to that is, "but there is a ME in TEAM"

Really, most modern players understand a rising tide lifts all boats though. T.O. never gave a **** about his teams or the people he played with.

• Options
    edited June 2018

@Thelordjohnson said:
    A top WR holds out every year. Julio is get 7M less than Antonio Brown who is the best WR in football. If Julio isn't #2 he's in the top 3. NFL players have no security so its right that he holds out. Its a union agreement that he has that option to seek his money. These arent MLB or NBA contracts. I dont get how he's on the downslope when his stats match up yearly. As a NFL fan I know for a fact the most you'd get for Julio is maybe 2 first rounders at best. As a Packers fan you over paid your QB and didnt take care of the best player on your team. Julio Jones will literally be voted at a Top 10 player by his coworkers this week. That says a lot about his talent. Every WR is supporting Julio (even UGAs own AJ Green). He deserves to be paid for his work otherwise he should hold out til he is compensated fairly.

''NO SECURITY'' How about the 71 million dollars he's making on just his current contract ?
    If he refuses to abide by the terms he, his legal team and agent agreed to, let him sit without pay.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i don’t blame him for sitting out. he makes less than Sammy Watkins.

• Options

@brentwilson said:

Then let him SIT, without pay.
    He's handling it wrong, any deal should be in mutual agreement, this is extortion. He agreed to the terms of his contract, nobody forced them on him.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

He's handling it wrong, any deal should be in mutual agreement, this is extortion. He agreed to the terms of his contract, nobody forced them on him.

technically i don’t think his contract says anything about him being forced to play

• Options

he can get fined but not really a big deal to him

• Options

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

technically i don’t think his contract says anything about him being forced to play

of course it does, all contracts do.
    He can't refuse to take part in MANDATORY team functions without being in violation of the terms of his contract.
    If he wants to pretend to be injured or sick, he will have gone full team cancer and the organization should then play hardball with him.

• Options

@brentwilson said:
    he can get fined but not really a big deal to him

He won't be eligible for pay for any games he refuses to play.
    Again, if he goes into full cancer mode and pretends he can't ply, management should treat him like an enemy of the team.
    Withhold his pay, but don't cut him where he can sign elsewhere.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Basic economics. It’s a business, and Julio is in a position of strength. If we had the same options many NFL stars have today, we’d do the same thing to help secure our families future (3-4 generations). OBJ, Mack, Donald, Julio all following same strategy. Revis modeled this strategy better than anyone in recent memory.

Pay the man, and let’s get to work.

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Basic economics. It’s a business, and Julio is in a position of strength. If we had the same options many NFL stars have today, we’d do the same thing to help secure our families future (3-4 generations). OBJ, Mack, Donald, Julio all following same strategy. Revis modeled this strategy better than anyone in recent memory.

Pay the man, and let’s get to work.

Actually The team holds all the legal cards, it's just a matter of whether they play them or not.
    By the way, Ridley is getting rave reviews from both Falcons' coaches and players.