Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Im Ready For The Falcons To Trade Julio

124»

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:

@WCDawg said:

@christopherules said:
    Arthur Blank HAS GOT TO BE one of the nicest, & most honorable men that owns a team in ANY SPORT, & ANYWHERE!

I got sick watching him trot out the dog torturer at the draft.

We all did, but his flaws are all (IMHO) merely missteps at trusting others. He has always done the honorable thing throughout his owning the team. Atlanta couldn't ask for a more honorable man. If there are any other team owner(s) with more good guy, upstanding values as a human being, I certainly do not of one? There are a lot of examples of his being a good citizen, and they aren't hard to look up.

Maybe I define honorable differently than you do.
    The honorable thing to do in the case of Micheal Vick would have been to condemn his actions and cut all ties with him.
    This is a POS who not only fought dogs to the death, he tortured the ones that didn't fight and laughed while they doubtless cried for mercy, I truly hate Vick, he is evil.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@christopherules said:

@WCDawg said:

@christopherules said:
    Arthur Blank HAS GOT TO BE one of the nicest, & most honorable men that owns a team in ANY SPORT, & ANYWHERE!

We all did, but his flaws are all (IMHO) merely missteps at trusting others. He has always done the honorable thing throughout his owning the team. Atlanta couldn't ask for a more honorable man. If there are any other team owner(s) with more good guy, upstanding values as a human being, I certainly do not of one? There are a lot of examples of his being a good citizen, and they aren't hard to look up.

The honorable thing to do in the case of Micheal Vick would have been to condemn his actions and cut all ties with him.
    This is a POS who not only fought dogs to the death, he tortured the ones that didn't fight and laughed while they doubtless cried for mercy, I truly hate Vick, he is evil.

PS, what has Blank done that hasn't brought him more fame than being a business man ever could ?
    He loves to be in the spotlight. I'm not saying he's a bad owner, but self interest can explain most of what he does. Bernie actually does more, and he doesn't draw attention to himself.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

I think sometimes there are those who wish to argue just for the sake of arguing, and nothing more. I cannot (& should not attempt when faced with this type) to reason if the face of this situation. To me? There are simply no winners in that scenario. Only a lose lose. That is far & away beyond me and any meager skills that I might possess. I try to spread (as best as I am able to do so) what is uplifting, & positive, and also to minimize what is depressed, & overwhelmingly negative. There is plenty of that in this world without me contributing to it also. Basically what I have learned, (and hopefully I am still learning to this very day, & will continue to do so) is this: the older that I get? The less that I know. What do I know? GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@christopherules said:

@WCDawg said:

@christopherules said:

I believe that Blank has done the right thing and forgiven him.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:
    I think sometimes there are those who wish to argue just for the sake of arguing, and nothing more. I cannot (& should not attempt when faced with this type) to reason if the face of this situation. To me? There are simply no winners in that scenario. Only a lose lose. That is far & away beyond me and any meager skills that I might possess. I try to spread (as best as I am able to do so) what is uplifting, & positive, and also to minimize what is depressed, & overwhelmingly negative. There is plenty of that in this world without me contributing to it also. Basically what I have learned, (and hopefully I am still learning to this very day, & will continue to do so) is this: the older that I get? The less that I know. What do I know? GO DAWGS!!!!

Lol. Im starting to see this. Life is how you view it. Fairness is fair to how you view it .... Guess its all a viewpoint and maybe my viewpoint is dude sometimes.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@JRT812 said:
    I’m ready for the falcons to quit being the falcons we all grew up knowing.

They stopped being that team the year Matt Ryan came to town.
    Or are you too young to remember being the worst team in The NFL for decades ?

Maybe you’re right... still feel like they lost some big game not to long ago and backed it up with another stellar season. Could be wrong though or
    could be my age

• Options

@christopherules said:

That's your guess, but I just think I'm right on these issues.
    I hate Vick.
    I think Blank is ego driven
    I think Julio is wrong to hold out
    Those are my true opinions.

I don't dislike Blank, I'm glad we have an owner who is all in.
    I don't hate, or even dislike JJ, I just think he's going about this wrong.

• Options
    edited June 2018

And again Geez. .You win @WCDawg I am not arguing here sir.

• Options
    edited June 2018

@christopherules said:
    And again.

?
    I simply don't see value in calling a man who is seemingly only self interested a great person, he is a very good team owner though.
    If you want to praise a truly giving HD founder, look at what Bernard Marcus does in the background.

The Edisons of this world will always get the lion's share of praise, but it's the Westinghouses who deserve it more.

• Options
  • Options
    edited June 2018

@christopherules said:
    And again Geez. .You win @WCDawg I am not arguing here sir.

Do, don't it's all good.

Seriously though, I ams what I ams.
    You posted something about Blank that I disagree with, I think he is a self promoter, which isn't in itself a bad thing, but I try not to confuse it with real altruism, or at least caring and modesty like Bernie seems to have.
    Marcus concentrates on real charities, though he did fund the Aquarium. Blank builds monuments to himself.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:

@WCDawg said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

@WCDawg said:
    I just saw that Julio is working out with Terrell Owens..the single most selfish player in NFL history. JJ has gone tone deaf, I just hope it doesn't rub off on him.

T.O. has no effect on Julio. T.O. is probably one of the hardest workers in NFL history at WR. He is top 3 WR of all time. Julio is working to get better at his craft. The fact T.O. just ran a 4.5 is a sign that you want Julio to train with him. It gets him better. T.O. doesnt seem more selfish than Ochocinco, Merriman, Brandon Marshall, Plaxico, Vick, etc. T.O. gave his heart on the field and stayed in shape. I'll take that any day. Jerry Jones, Roger Goodell, and Jim Irsay are the two most selfish people in NFL period.

T.O. was cancer to every team he ever played for. I don't know of any other player in any sport who was as self centered or who time after time threw teammates under the bus like that guy did.
    Is is just a coincidence JJ stayed away from a mandatory camp while in this slime ball's company ?

You must not know anything about T.O. You only hear snippets and Im guessing assume. But ththeththey goad him into these questions. Same guy that went to bat for his QBs didnt get the same in return. But yeah he's a team cancer that took every team in his prime years to the playoffs. Slime ball is an opinion thing but thats horrible to say about someone you dont know at all. You have to realize he's done a lot for every team he's been on.

T.O. and Charles Barkley (IMO) are just 2 old men sittin on the front porch, holding a glass of tea, jaw jackin about whatever brings them the most attention. Attention mongers all day.

I’ll bet TO is fun to be around, just can’t take his schtick too seriously.

• Options

@Bigcalidawg said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

@WCDawg said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

@WCDawg said:
    I just saw that Julio is working out with Terrell Owens..the single most selfish player in NFL history. JJ has gone tone deaf, I just hope it doesn't rub off on him.

T.O. has no effect on Julio. T.O. is probably one of the hardest workers in NFL history at WR. He is top 3 WR of all time. Julio is working to get better at his craft. The fact T.O. just ran a 4.5 is a sign that you want Julio to train with him. It gets him better. T.O. doesnt seem more selfish than Ochocinco, Merriman, Brandon Marshall, Plaxico, Vick, etc. T.O. gave his heart on the field and stayed in shape. I'll take that any day. Jerry Jones, Roger Goodell, and Jim Irsay are the two most selfish people in NFL period.

T.O. was cancer to every team he ever played for. I don't know of any other player in any sport who was as self centered or who time after time threw teammates under the bus like that guy did.
    Is is just a coincidence JJ stayed away from a mandatory camp while in this slime ball's company ?

You must not know anything about T.O. You only hear snippets and Im guessing assume. But ththeththey goad him into these questions. Same guy that went to bat for his QBs didnt get the same in return. But yeah he's a team cancer that took every team in his prime years to the playoffs. Slime ball is an opinion thing but thats horrible to say about someone you dont know at all. You have to realize he's done a lot for every team he's been on.

T.O. and Charles Barkley (IMO) are just 2 old men sittin on the front porch, holding a glass of tea, jaw jackin about whatever brings them the most attention. Attention mongers all day.

I’ll bet TO is fun to be around, just can’t take his schtick too seriously.

Barkley might be fun, but T.O...not really.,at least not for my taste.

• Options
    MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's amazing that Jones is looking for a new contract & you say they should trade him. Matt Ryan is close to be the best QB in the NFL but he got a **** good contract that makes him one of the highest paid QB in the NFL. Jones means more to the Falcons that Matt Ryan does but did you say trade Matt Ryan when their was rumors of him getting a New contract. Some of you guys are something else