Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

If we committed to an all encompassing players' recreation center....

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean a building that housed lounges, a theater, pool tables, video arcade, nutrition center, the works, where could it be built that makes logistical sense given the limited space near the dorms and football facilities ?

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea, but it has to make sense on several levels.

Thoughts ?

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

PS. the ideal would be for it to be physically connected to players' dorms in my opinion.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that’s the hard part for the school, where to put everything. All while trying to keep the look and feel of campus undisturbed.

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bingo, @WCDawg , there isn't room for growth of football facilities presently.

Now, why shouldn't UGA build a state-of-the-art baseball facility on South Milledge near the softball/soccer facility and move the Diamond Dawgs there,

Baseball would benefit from an awesome, new facility with easy access to major highways in and out of Athens.

Football could consume the vacated baseball park that is adjacent to Butts-Mehre and have a ton of room to grow into while still being connected to existing football facilities.

Just something I've thought about occasionally...

@DirtDawg said:

Now, why shouldn't UGA build a state-of-the-art baseball facility on South Milledge near the softball/soccer facility and move the Diamond Dawgs there,

Baseball would benefit from an awesome, new facility with easy access to major highways in and out of Athens.

Football could consume the vacated baseball park that is adjacent to Butts-Mehre and have a ton of room to grow into while still being connected to existing football facilities.

@DirtDawg said:

I'd rather any facility dedicated to the free time of players be closer to their dorms, but your idea seems solid.

@Teddy said:
    I think that’s the hard part for the school, where to put everything. All while trying to keep the look and feel of campus undisturbed.

Yep, campus aesthetics are very important. The problems of where to put the IPF took over 10 years to come to what should have been the obvious solution all along.

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

Yep, campus aesthetics are very important. The problems of where to put the IPF took over 10 years to come to what should have been the obvious solution all along.

We all know who's doing that was.