Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The cows have come home to roost with The Braves' bullpen..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Snitker has exhausted them, and it's just July 1st...yikes. They've given up 5 runs in just the 7th inning after Folty 2 hit The Cards for 6 innings.

Comments

• Options

Sorry, Folty 1 hit them for 5 innings.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Braves starters this series: 17 2/3 innings, 0 runs
    Braves relievers this series: 7 1/3 innings, 10 runs

• Options
    cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yea the bullpen has been **** hardcore. I've never been that impressed with moylan...

• Options

@cf_ugaman said:
    Yea the bullpen has been **** hardcore. I've never been that impressed with moylan...

@cf_ugaman said:

Moylan once had a truly great sinker, but injuries and perhaps his love of partying have rendered him spotty.

• Options
    SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Need two more good arms, I like our 8th and 9th inning guys but that 5-7 has killed us

• Options

@SWGADAWG said:
    Need two more good arms, I like our 8th and 9th inning guys but that 5-7 has killed us

It won't matter if they add arms and just wear them out too.
    They CAN'T add numbers till Sep., so they'd have to send 2 down or release them to add more relievers.
    They are going to have to get more innings from starters at some point soon.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Starters have been good, but too often they are throwing too many pitches and are over 100 pitches after 6 innings. Bullpen is being overworked, but I don"t put the blame on Snitker. Have to upgrade bullpen and get rid of Sam Freeman and Moylan.

• Options
    SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

@SWGADAWG said:

It won't matter if they add arms and just wear them out too.
    They CAN'T add numbers till Sep., so they'd have to send 2 down or release them to add more relievers.
    They are going to have to get more innings from starters at some point soon.

The problem isn’t just the Braves.. pitchers across the league are not pitching deep into the game. The quality arms we have in the 5-7 inning range is not where it needs to be

• Options

Crap, I spent 15 minutes researching, doing the math and posting how every reliever has done over their past 10 outtings compared to their season ERA only to have the post vanish when I tried to edit it?
    I'm too lazy to re-post the whole thing right now.

• Options

Relievers ERA

Last 10 outtings                                        Season to date

Crashing
    Freeman-------------------14.5--------------------------------`5.03
    Moylan---------------------12.4-------------------------------4.85
    Carle-----------------------5.94-------------------------------2.93
    Winkler---------------------7.5--------------------------------2.41

So far, so good
    AJ Minter.......................................1.1--------------------------------2,83
    Biddle----------------------2.37-------------------------------2.76
    Vizcaino---------------------0.00------------------------------1.83

Vizcaino was injured on June 17th, hes scheduled to return tomorrow, he was on a role when his shoulder got sore.

• Options

I give up, it actually posted numbers in reverse.
    In a nutshell Minter, and Biddle have done well their last 10 times out. Freeman, Winkler and Moylan have been awful and Vizcaino has been injured, but he hadn't given up a run in 10 outtings when he went down.

• Options

@WCDawg said:
    Relievers ERA

Last 10 outtings                                               Season to date

Crashing
    Freeman-------------------14.5--------------------------------`5.03
    Moylan---------------------12.4-------------------------------4.85
    Carle-----------------------5.94-------------------------------2.93
    Winkler---------------------7.5--------------------------------2.41

So far, so good
    AJ Minter.......................................1.1--------------------------------2,83
    Biddle----------------------2.37-------------------------------2.76
    Vizcaino---------------------0.00------------------------------1.83

Vizcaino was injured on June 17th, hes scheduled to return tomorrow, he was on a role when his shoulder got sore.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

****, the software list it backwards somehow. The numbers to the left are actually their last 10 games, the numbers to the right are season to date.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The bullpen has been ass all year. We've easily lost 10-12 games that we should've won. The biggest being a 10-2 (I think) lead at Chicago that turned into a loss.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@georgiaboy said:
    The bullpen has been ass all year. We've easily lost 10-12 games that we should've won. The biggest being a 10-2 (I think) lead at Chicago that turned into a loss.

The 8th and ninth inning relievers were perfect last night. The middle relief corps has been pretty shaky, for sure.

• Options
    DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Freeman needs to be optioned down to Triple A stat. Your ERA as a relief pitcher should not be over 5.

• Options

@donm said:

@georgiaboy said:

The 8th and ninth inning relievers were perfect last night. The middle relief corps has been pretty shaky, for sure.

The really concerning thing is, rosters won't expand for a full 2 months. Things could get considerably worse before then.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@georgiaboy said:

True...but those weren't our normal 8th and 9th inning guys. Winkler and Minter are supposed to be middle inning guys. Our closer has been ailing and far from automatic when healthy. I'm not even sure Snit knows who our 8th inning guy is anyway. I'm not crazy about his handling of the pitching staff at all and I'm a Snit fan.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:
    Freeman needs to be optioned down to Triple A stat. Your ERA as a relief pitcher should not be over 5.

That 5 ERA may apply to half the relief staff.