Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jermaine Johnson and DJ Daniel

jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seems like we are leading for these two juco players. Anyone have any idea of how many years of eligibility they will have with us if we can sign them?

Comments

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 326 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pretty sure I read Daniel is 2 to play 2 (no redshirt option). Not sure about Johnson.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Johnson will have 2 years, not sure about redshirt year.

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They both have 2 years of eligibility.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Both have 2 but I remember reading somewhere Johnson could have the impact to leave after one season.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I heard 2 1/2 ... but thats from the same guy who told me D-Rob was going to WV

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

these guys are just transitional players because they’re isn’t that many good prospects that are available to uga in 2019. 2020 is another story.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    these guys are just transitional players because they’re isn’t that many good prospects that are available to uga in 2019. 2020 is another story.

I disagree on transitional on Daniel will be a player, and should compete for a starting (atleast 2 deep) day one.

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

I disagree on transitional on Daniel will be a player, and should compete for a starting (atleast 2 deep) day one.

sorry i need to use a better word. i mean these will be guys that can step right in and perform from Day 1 versus taking a lower rated CB (since we don’t have a shot at any top rated CBs like Booth or Stingley) that might take a year or two to develop if that makes any sense

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

This ^. Daniel is 6’, Long and fast. 4.4 laser 40. Just what CMT is looking for. Believe he could easily be a starting CB in 19.

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

i meant transitional in terms of recruiting cycles. he helps transition to the future classes by giving immediate production which allows the underclassmen to develop.

• MidtownDawgMidtownDawg Posts: 129 ✭✭✭ Junior

We have and will continue to look to juco and transfer players at positions of need when the high school talent pool doesn't provide the players that meet the staff standards.

This is a big part of what's happening with DL recruiting as well. Roster management is key under Kirby (under Saban as well). Rather than take players not deemed up to the standard just to fill spots, Kirby appears to be of the mind to work the waiver wire, so to speak.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

i meant transitional in terms of recruiting cycles. he helps transition to the future classes by giving immediate production which allows the underclassmen to develop.

Got ya, yes I believe the above is correct