Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

You Know You Live/Die Georgia Football When....

nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited July 2018 in General
  1. You rotate your life/schedule around UGA games in the fall.
  2. Decline any invitations to weddings on UGA game day
  3. Takes 2-3 days to get over a lost
  4. Jump on the message boards to read about UGA wins and how they are perceived by the media and non-UGA fans
  5. Develop Saturday rituals before game time
  6. Turn off your phone during games
  7. Cut off conversations with family during game time (unless they are talking about the Uga game)
  8. Watch the Rosebowl game over and over, but dare re-watch the National Title game

I know- I know...I need therapy. :D

Anyone else has rituals on game day or during the fall? :)

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I can’t even re-watch the rose bowl. I know what happens a week later.

I do on the other hand THOROUGHLY enjoy rewatching the sec championship game

• Options

Actually, I'm like that about the Bulldogs and Falcons.

My extra-curriculum activities in the Fall on the weekends are as follows:

Get up with the chickens on Saturday mornings to work out at the Gym
    Take in a hot breakfast in the city
    Head over to American Whiskey to watch College Football
    Dine out in the city after the game
    Attending service on Sundays before NFL Sunday game day.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Weddings on Georgia game days. Happens every year. I just don’t understand it. Two years ago, it was a co-worker (we lost to tek). Last year, it was my best friend’s son (we lost to awbern). This year, one of my closest first cousin’s son - the day we play tek! Ahhhhh! Oops, I got married on a Georgia game day myself - BUT it was an away game and the game was over (we had listened to Munson) when we said our “I do’s”!

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Between deer huntin and the Dawgs playing we have a busy fall.

• Options

@jgf1031 said:
    Any girl I've ever dated knows to either leave me alone on Saturdays, or join but be silent. I joke with my fiance that the only thing she is allowed to say during the games is:

1. Are you hungry?
    2. Need another beer?

...and Go Dawgs!

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@nycdawg said:

@jgf1031 said:
    Any girl I've ever dated knows to either leave me alone on Saturdays, or join but be silent. I joke with my fiance that the only thing she is allowed to say during the games is:

1. Are you hungry?
    2. Need another beer?

...and Go Dawgs!

but of course!

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@nycdawg said:
    1. You rotate your life/schedule around UGA games in the fall.
    2. Decline any invitations to weddings on UGA game day
    3. Takes 2-3 days to get over a lost
    4. Jump on the message boards to read about UGA wins and how they are perceived by the media and non-UGA fans
    5. Develop Saturday rituals before game time
    6. Turn off your phone during games
    7. Cut off conversations with family during game time (unless they are talking about the Uga game)
    8. Watch the Rosebowl game over and over, but dare re-watch the National Title game

I know- I know...I need therapy. :D

Anyone else has rituals on game day or during the fall? :)

I do all of those except for #6....I am always texting my UGA buddies during a game, posting on the boards, etc.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

My stomach actually does do flips inside of me during the games, & (this is embarrassing y’all) as my poor wife & kids see my entire body in the living room do twists & turns with nearly each & every single play... ESPECIALLY WHEN GEORGIA IS ON THE DEFENSE!!! It’s obvious I have “issues” lol

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife informed me we were invited to her Godson’s wedding this fall. I grabbed my chest and began to stumble backwards like Fred Sanford when my wife said “It’s ok, it’s ok, it is on the bye week before Florida”.

• Options
    cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm getting married on 11-11 so sounds like auburn game would be a great anniversary gift :) good timing!

• Options
    BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The colors orange and blue makes you sick even if it's the home team.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

lucky enough to have married a woman who gets just as pumped about game days as I do. Game days are for good food, good beer, and watching the dawgs

when we got engaged I told her that I would not show up to the wedding if it was scheduled during the UGA game day

between hunting season and football season I do not have time to attend any wedding. If I do attend the wedding I will be watching the game on my phone and I will not feel in the slightest bit embarassed for my behavior

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

...frequent a message board to see what the latest comments are about the dawgs are in July.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everything about GEORGIA news??? Gets me excited to find out.... WHAT HAPPENED???

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't own ANYTHING orange, have my own room to watch the games and you can't come in if your not going to watch the game. Check the Dawgs schedule before committing to ANYTHING in the fall. Still have the Tech, SEC Championship game, and the Rose Bowl recorded and watch them regularly. Go to Athens at least once a week just to soak in the atmosphere. ( going tonight! ).

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When you've used JeffUlbrich2015 as a password to give thanks for his help getting R3 to the Dawgs!

• Options
    BrianDawgBrianDawg Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

When you watch the DAWGS game during your sons football game.

• Options
    Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When back in the 60"s, you take your date to the drive-in theater on Sat. night so you can listen to Ed Thilenius's play by play on the radio of the night games at Kentucky and S. Carolina. This, I firmly believe, later became Floyd Cramer's inspiration for his great instrumental hit "Last Date".

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

When your son's birthday is 10/31, and every year turns from a birthday party into at UGA tailgate.