I'm pulling for him. It's anyone game at this point now that Federer is out of the tournament.
He is the last American in the men's finals
Go Dawgs!!
DGD’s are everywhere you turn!!! Places like Augusta National, & Wimbledon too!? Dang! GO DAWGS!!
Tied at a set apiece. Great match if love big serves and heavy hitters. Let's go, Big John! GATA!!
He just won the third set, up 2 sets to 1.
I can't believe this game is still going...
It seems like the match will be won by the last server...weird match
REALLY EPIC AND SUPER LONG MATCH!!! Kind of like the one back in 2010?
@Pigeons said: @nycdawg said: It seems like the match will be won by the last server...weird match It's because both these guys have a great serving game but lack in the return game. It's hard to break serve in tennis, especially against guys like Isner. Generally, the first player to break serve will win the set. At least in these types of match ups. We did see back to back breaks, I beleiev it was the third set.
@Pigeons said:
@nycdawg said: It seems like the match will be won by the last server...weird match
It's because both these guys have a great serving game but lack in the return game. It's hard to break serve in tennis, especially against guys like Isner. Generally, the first player to break serve will win the set. At least in these types of match ups. We did see back to back breaks, I beleiev it was the third set.
excellent point...that's exactly what i'm witnessing.
unfortunately, it appears that Anderson has a little bit more energy
Man, I've never witnessed two players with such weak return games in the semi-finals. Maybe I haven't been watching long enough.
Yeah, both great at serving. Not so great at returning. Although, unfortunately it looks like Anderson is the better returner. Hopefully Isner can pull a break point out. I've been trying to leave the office for an hour, but can't until this is over.
@Teddy said: Yeah, both great at serving. Not so great at returning. Although, unfortunately it looks like Anderson is the better returner. Hopefully Isner can pull a break point out. I've been trying to leave the office for an hour, but can't until this is over.
I agree with you regarding Anderson being the better returner.
It’s a matter of hips. Guys that tall find it harder to lower their hips - same reason they wouldn’t be good CB’s. Hard to be a good serve return guy when you can’t get down low. This is my story and I’m sticking to it.
@donm said: @Teddy said: Yeah, both great at serving. Not so great at returning. Although, unfortunately it looks like Anderson is the better returner. Hopefully Isner can pull a break point out. I've been trying to leave the office for an hour, but can't until this is over. It’s a matter of hips. Guys that tall find it harder to lower their hips - same reason they wouldn’t be good CB’s. Hard to be a good serve return guy when you can’t get down low. This is my story and I’m sticking to it.
@donm said:
These guys are definitely over the 6'1" threshold.
Wow! This is a long match