Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anyone Watching John Isner (DGD) in Wimbleton Semi's?

nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited July 2018 in General

I'm pulling for him. It's anyone game at this point now that Federer is out of the tournament.

He is the last American in the men's finals

Go Dawgs!!

Comments

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DGD’s are everywhere you turn!!! Places like Augusta National, & Wimbledon too!? Dang! GO DAWGS!!

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tied at a set apiece. Great match if love big serves and heavy hitters. Let's go, Big John! GATA!!

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He just won the third set, up 2 sets to 1.

• nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can't believe this game is still going...

It seems like the match will be won by the last server...weird match

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

REALLY EPIC AND SUPER LONG MATCH!!! Kind of like the one back in 2010?

@Pigeons said:

@nycdawg said:

It's because both these guys have a great serving game but lack in the return game. It's hard to break serve in tennis, especially against guys like Isner. Generally, the first player to break serve will win the set. At least in these types of match ups. We did see back to back breaks, I beleiev it was the third set.

excellent point...that's exactly what i'm witnessing.

unfortunately, it appears that Anderson has a little bit more energy

Man, I've never witnessed two players with such weak return games in the semi-finals. Maybe I haven't been watching long enough.

edited July 2018

Yeah, both great at serving. Not so great at returning. Although, unfortunately it looks like Anderson is the better returner. Hopefully Isner can pull a break point out. I've been trying to leave the office for an hour, but can't until this is over.

@Teddy said:
    Yeah, both great at serving. Not so great at returning. Although, unfortunately it looks like Anderson is the better returner. Hopefully Isner can pull a break point out. I've been trying to leave the office for an hour, but can't until this is over.

I agree with you regarding Anderson being the better returner.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

It’s a matter of hips. Guys that tall find it harder to lower their hips - same reason they wouldn’t be good CB’s. Hard to be a good serve return guy when you can’t get down low. This is my story and I’m sticking to it.

@donm said:

@Teddy said:

It’s a matter of hips. Guys that tall find it harder to lower their hips - same reason they wouldn’t be good CB’s. Hard to be a good serve return guy when you can’t get down low. This is my story and I’m sticking to it.

These guys are definitely over the 6'1" threshold.

edited July 2018

Wow! This is a long match

Well, he gave his best, but couldn't get a break point when it mattered most.

• Atlanta_DawgAtlanta_Dawg Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great match, he just seemed more tired then Anderson

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@nycdawg said:
    I can't believe this game is still going...

This is VERY typical of Isner matches, he's played in several of the longest matches in history. It's not just coincidense either. He has an almost unbreakable serve and a weak return of serve. The net result is looooong sets.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@Teddy said:
    Well, he gave his best, but couldn't get a break point when it mattered most.

All time great server, extremely weak returning the serve.

I'm surprised that John lasted beyond the 15th game. He had no return game. Still proud