Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Name the WORST College Football announcer that makes you just completely sick!!

Comments

• Options
    SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Danielson gets way to opinionated.. Favorite call last year was when danielson was talking about how Sony had been shut down by the gators and Sony proceeds to take the next handoff for 75yrds

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two of the guys that aren’t bad is McElroy and Huard.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We get Beth Mowins week 1

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@Teddy said:

Guess we could've had Tommy Tuberville

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@Teddy said:

Guess we could've had Tommy Tuberville

Yeah, expected it to be less than stellar given the opponent.

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@insertusernamehere said:
    I cannot stand Tuberville, and won’t listen unless it’s the Dawgs and I can’t get the radio broadcast. I will NOT listen to Beth Mowins. I’m kinda sick of Herbstreit too, but for different reasons. His analysis is usually pretty good.

I used to be a big Herby Hater, but ever since we've started doing well and he's been talking favorably of the Dawgs, I've been a fan.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Danielson. Might as well be a Bama fan.

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@ForestryDawg said:

I cannot stand Tuberville, and won’t listen unless it’s the Dawgs and I can’t get the radio broadcast. I will NOT listen to Beth Mowins. I’m kinda sick of Herbstreit too, but for different reasons. His analysis is usually pretty good.

I used to be a big Herby Hater, but ever since we've started doing well and he's been talking favorably of the Dawgs, I've been a fan.

Poor Herbie, The O$U fans ran him and his family out of Columbus and they moved to Nashville,

Here is Danielson doing the color for Hebrstriets's 72 Yard TD run. Pretty lame end-zone dance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbbF-nw7l1o

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news.

The assignment of announcers have been released for Georgia’s first game.

Beth Mowins, Anthony Brecht and Rocky Boiman.

Sadly I am not joking.

http://www.secsports.com/article/24341555/espn-announces-week-1-game-assignments

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

Beth Mowins gets my vote. Hearing her voice, I halfway expect to get the score as, "30-Love" Georgia.
    Tubberville needs to be coaching football somewhere.

• Options
    BrotatoChip88BrotatoChip88 Posts: 219 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would have said Brent Musburger (dude was nauseating) before he retired but now I will give it to either Gary Danielson (I swear he hates Georgia) or Tommy Tuberville (he just isn't very good at it). Funny enough, I actually really enjoy both Jesse Palmer & Greg McElroy - to be two guys from rival schools, they bring a fair and objective approach to their color commentary.

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beth mowins week 1??? Gotta be kidding me.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tymoon31 said:

She's about as good as Austin Peay.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@tymoon31 said:

She's about as good as Austin Peay.

I'm guessing she'll be calling them 'Austin Pay' until at least the middle of the second qtr.....

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ForestryDawg said:

I rewatched the Rose Bowl the other day and realized I didn't hate hearing Herbstreit during the game, so I guess I agree with @insertusernamehere. He still makes my ears bleed when he's doing College Gameday, though.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Makes me wonder just what was he watching?

• Options
    GodawgGodawg Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Chris Fowler. "Fromm hails from Warner-Robbins, a suburb of Atlanta..." What a hack...

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:
    Danielson. Might as well be a Bama fan.

Is he worse than Vitale is in basketball?