Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jammie Robinson

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Word on the 247 board is that Jammie Robinson (Crisp County) has been removed from the team. Rusty even mentioned it in the thread. The reason has not been confirmed, however. Rumors of an uprising (lol) among the players after Shelton Felton left for a collegiate coaching position.

Comments

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

only thing about Jammie is he seems a tad undersized to play Saftey for Georgia. maybe it’s just me

• Options
    thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Other team boards on 247 are speculating the transfers were kicked off the team as well. Interesting to see how this plays out for sure.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    only thing about Jammie is he seems a tad undersized to play Saftey for Georgia. maybe it’s just me

You could be on to something. Kid plays bigger than what he is. Looks more quick than fast too. Wonder what his 40/100 times are? I still think he’d play the Star position at 185-195 and would be good depth at the position. Not fast enough for FS imo, not big enough for SS. Great fit on special teams maybe punt return/gunner.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@brentwilson said:

You could be on to something. Kid plays bigger than what he is. Looks more quick than fast too. Wonder what his 40/100 times are? I still think he’d play the Star position at 185-195 and would be good depth at the position. Not fast enough for FS imo, not big enough for SS. Great fit on special teams maybe punt return/gunner.

yeah i can’t tell where he’ll play because i thought Kirby and Tucker were shifting to finding bigger guys to play Safety.

• Options
    RD_DAWGRD_DAWG Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

Lecounte is 5’11 and was around 180, as well. I think Jammie will be fine as long as he plays long like Richard. Richard plays much taller than he really is

• Options

@RD_DAWG said:
    Lecounte is 5’11 and was around 180, as well. I think Jammie will be fine as long as he plays long like Richard. Richard plays much taller than he really is

LeCounte is a thumper tho, mixed with ball hawk abilities. Also looks more rangy. Jammie’s tape showcases solid tackling ability and I saw 1 “thump”. Different styles imo.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see Robinson being rated behind Perry, Daniels, Stevenson, Cine, and Elam at least. Since we only have 2 seniors and 2 juniors at DB, I don’t see him as a take unless 2 of the others so elsewhere. See us signing 4 DBs at the most this year, signing more will make it tough to make room for DBs in 2020 class, unless we have lots of attrition.

• Options

@coastaldawg said:
    I see Robinson being rated behind Perry, Daniels, Stevenson, Cine, and Elam at least. Since we only have 2 seniors and 2 juniors at DB, I don’t see him as a take unless 2 of the others so elsewhere. See us signing 4 DBs at the most this year, signing more will make it tough to make room for DBs in 2020 class, unless we have lots of attrition.

Believe Robinson is being recruited as an athlete which could change things. With him as athlete we’re likely taking 4. Could see 5.

Stevenson & Daniel for certain. Let’s see what happens with Perry, Elam, Cine, and Robinson. We land 3 of 4 imo.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I personally see him as the Backup option and his Athlete title would switch to S.

Predicting more signings at CB with Stevenson, Perry, and Daniels. Elam is a take if he jumps on it, Shilo is a project if UGA misses elsewhere. Safety I think Cine is the main target and the progress of Joesph will be investigated. I also believe Mingo and Andrews are next in line and after that I see Jammie coming in to effect.