Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Last Chance U

jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anyone get a chance to see Jermaine Johnson on Last Chance U? Dude looks the part. Saw him make a few plays in the first episode.

«13

Comments

  • superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    He's not a featured player on the show and that's good news...that show gravitates toward the knuckleheads....

  • dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I imagine Johnson will be a featured player for this coming season due to him being eligible to sign. The show featured players tend to be guys who are going to sign that coming spring

  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    The show is based off last season and a majority of the main focus is on guys who will be moving on after the season (the 2nd year players).

    JJ is a 1st year guy, so if Indy gets a 2nd season on last chance U, you will def see more of JJ

  • Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    After watching now three seasons of last chance u, I'm a little skeptical of taking juco guys. The attitude on most of these guys is just awful. I'm sure there are guys who have their heads on straight in juco, but boy is that eye opening.

  • MidtownDawgMidtownDawg Posts: 129 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @Dawg19 said:
    After watching now three seasons of last chance u, I'm a little skeptical of taking juco guys. The attitude on most of these guys is just awful. I'm sure there are guys who have their heads on straight in juco, but boy is that eye opening.

    Do remember that reality TV is reality TV. But it is true that JUCO guys are hit and miss. The structure and environment at big SEC schools tend to reign some of the antics in.

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Is there a new season?

  • Dawg0924Dawg0924 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Yeah not sure when it came out but believe recently only got to watch first episode thus far

  • Tanner25Tanner25 Posts: 51 ✭✭ Sophomore

    Javon was a JUCO player that worked out for us lately. They are usually hit or miss like was said

  • jpurcell50jpurcell50 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

    I watched first episode and the coach talks and acts so nasty I felt like I needed a shower!! He’s terrible.
    The first two seasons were better. But that’s just after I watched the first episode

  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @jpurcell50 said:
    I watched first episode and the coach talks and acts so nasty I felt like I needed a shower!! He’s terrible.
    The first two seasons were better. But that’s just after I watched the first episode

    On the 3rd episode now, doesn’t get any better

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    As others stated... holy smokes.... that coach has a mouth.

  • Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Former JUCO baseball guy here... don't let the show make y'all skeptical about JUCO players. I've actually had many coaches say they love those guys because they are usually so appreciative when they do go on to the next level. The issue is the guys that come from big D1 schools and their entitlement attitude when they get to the small school. That doesn't apply to Wyatt, Wims, the current '19 DB target and others UGA has and will pull from the juco ranks because their progression is linear (highschool to juco to D1). Unlike Nick Marshall, Cam Newton, Chad Kelley, etc. All guys who were at major D1 schools then went juco, those are the guys with the baggage.

  • milldawg007milldawg007 Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

    The JUCO kids are upset to be in their current situation. I think the good JUCO players embody everything a team wants, a fighter to had to earn his way back to DIV1. However, if you sign a kid who's a cancer....look out.

  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Acrum21 said:
    Former JUCO baseball guy here... don't let the show make y'all skeptical about JUCO players. I've actually had many coaches say they love those guys because they are usually so appreciative when they do go on to the next level. The issue is the guys that come from big D1 schools and their entitlement attitude when they get to the small school. That doesn't apply to Wyatt, Wims, the current '19 DB target and others UGA has and will pull from the juco ranks because their progression is linear (highschool to juco to D1). Unlike Nick Marshall, Cam Newton, Chad Kelley, etc. All guys who were at major D1 schools then went juco, those are the guys with the baggage.

    Perfect examples and explination.

  • GeauxDawgsSicEmGeauxDawgsSicEm Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2019

    So, just caught the LCU Season 4 "Indy Part 2" trailer and noticed J. Johnson repping the G at ~00:34 mark ... Got me excited to see him potentially get some more air time on the show this year (for better or worse, I suppose) since I did look to see at how they did as a team last year, and ... ummm ... yeah.

    https://youtu.be/SlXGWP13_u4

    For those in the recruiting circles, I think Nadab Joseph was also at Indy last year? Although, the show tends to stick around the guys with a little more seniority or are overcoming personal hardships for better storytelling.

    Anyone else of interest from last year's Indy CC roster?

  • Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 870 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Last Chance U is TV Show meant to entertain. The players who just get it done, and work hard are not entertaining. The show focuses on 2-3 players and not always the best ones just the ones that entertain.


    I think the HCs at both LCU series are extreme personalties and are meant to entertain as they are not the typical HC.

  • dgd829dgd829 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I think the coach just got arrested

  • DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    You saw 11 make a few plays last season but he wasn't on camera outside of that. It appears that this season he will play a more prominent role. I think last year they prioritized personalities over talent.

    Excited to get to know him a bit through the show.

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate


    Every single “reality” show on TV is scripted. It’s all entertainment.

  • DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Reality TV has ruined television as far as I'm concerned. All of those shows are awful.

Sign In or Register to comment.