Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Do you like the new layout?

mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here's a thought - Let's poll people before making major changes to the platform.
Do you like the new layout?

Do you like the new layout? 34 votes

Yes - I love it!
8%
SavageDawg17dhutchi9BojanglesInsider 3 votes
No - What were they thinking??!? Bring back the red and black!!!
91%
BamaDawgamjadawgsBigGAdawgmattmd2CZCashvilleDawglevanderTeddyBobcatGradBiffLowmanTdub0199JKFlyfisholdon42SavannahDawg1chattdawginsertusernamehereHenley79jc30116BigDawg747jarred_buckchristopherules 31 votes

Comments

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is especially bad for mobile users!!

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Only thing they got right is the way pictures are posted. Keep it like this where they don't take up the whole screen. I feel dirty with blue at the top of the page.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Horrible is the only word that comes to mind....

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess it's easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.

That conversation would've sounded like:

"Hey Dawg Fans, who here would be cool with us getting rid of red and black? Oh, don't worry, we'll add a lovely pale blue and make the background as sanitary white as possible. You'll love it.. It'll look just like every other forum you've seen and have no uniqueness whatsoever."

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Horrible! Bring back the red and black!!
    P.S. the banner at the top looks like a horrible throwback baseball uniform that MLB teams wear on Sundays sometimes...

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Terrible decision.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@insertusernamehere said:
    Horrible! Bring back the red and black!!
    P.S. the banner at the top looks like a horrible throwback baseball uniform that MLB teams wear on Sundays sometimes...

You haven’t quite nailed why that color is so unacceptable on this forum yet...

• nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is horrible

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod
    edited July 2018

Moved to an open source forum. Cheapest way to go and easy to hack. Many exploits on this board

https://vanillaforums.com/en/software/

@dawgnms said:
    Moved to an open source forum. Cheapest way to go and easy to hack. Many exploits on this board

I’m lost. Can you explain please?

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of the thing I liked about the original format is that it was unique. Every other forum looks similar.

@dawgnms said:

Can you hack the color back to black?

edited July 2018

@BojanglesInsider said:

@dawgnms said:

Spoken like a true hacker!! Are you Russian by any chance?

lol not Russian and I would never admit to having any "skilz"

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck said:

@dawgnms said:

I’m lost. Can you explain please?

They might have been paying to use The Vanilla Forum software in the past. If they switched to the open source version of The Vanilla Forum, they’re not paying any more.

The open source version just refers to how the software is licensed for use. A lot of companies will provide an open source version that you can download and administer yourself without any help from the company. Or you can pay for the software and the company who provides it will offer certain services to go along with the software.

I’m fine with them not paying. I just wish they would have done more up front work, especially with the theme before they rolled it out.

@mattmd2 said:

@dawgnms said:

Can you hack the color back to black?

hacking is against the law or so they tell me lol

New note posted above : There was a small issue with the forum's theme during today's maintenance. It will be returned soon.

Hoping this was a technical error

@mattmd2 said:
    New note posted above : There was a small issue with the forum's theme during today's maintenance. It will be returned soon.

Hoping this was a technical error

Good. Thank you DawgNation.com.

I just got to speak to one of @Kasey ‘s sources. He told me that the website engineers are bama fans and are offering us a chance to pay a monthly fee to get the red and black back. Said that they got the idea from that post (last week?) and would be using the money to help keep bama on top.

It’s back!!!