Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What song gets you pumped to watch Georgia

Comments

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly - I love theWho/Baba thing.

@pharmadawg - your Munson idea would make me cry before every home game. It would be awesome.

But the sad fact is I'm too old/disconnected from the majority of fans and, MUCH more importantly, players. Play whatever my Dawgs want and I'll get behind it.

• Options
    CharlestowneDawgCharlestowneDawg Posts: 211 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2018

Traditionally jam to this one first game day of every season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37sp-P_1dgY
  • Options
    TravisnunnallyTravisnunnally Posts: 87 ✭ Freshman

Sage feat. Clisby Clarke and Larry Munson
    "Bulldawg Boogie"

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It has to be head-banging. So, the lyrics must have strong music behind it. No clue really, but came across this. Disclosure: Wisconsin students like this (official or unofficial).

Intent is play this or ? as the team takes the field. "Glory" is performed later prior to kick-off.

House of Pain - Jump Around

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XhzpxjuwZy0

• Options

It has to be a song that you can enjoy without spilling your beer.

• Options

Another one bites the dust

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Loving the disparity of all these songs

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Steve_Zissou said:
    One Big Holiday from Okonokos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOXgGzDYmhU

Good song. I haven’t heard that one in awhile. To be honest I usually am too nervous/amped up before a game to do much more than pace and make sure I have everything I need. Thank God I finally quit smoking bc that’s one thing I’d be doing before a game.

• Options
    mdweath123mdweath123 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Who let the dawgs out?

• Options
    chiefdogchiefdog Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    wesley5524wesley5524 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

I gotta say that only classic rock songs and new rap songs are listed here or are played during games.

Folks we are missing 1000's of songs in between. Really now is there not any room for more than 20 or 30 tunes that get people going?

The internet has been around for a while now. Check it out for new music. For your consideration:

"Icky thump " the white stripes. Every video by them is red, white and black. Perfect for us. Any song with those colors are good. Check out the bassline and of course the guitar. Sounds like marching soldiers going to war.

'Superman theme" from superman returns. Forget the movie, remember the tune.

'The fly' U2. Guitar solo mid-song and just play it from there. After any interception or 3rd down stop.

• Options
    dougiejdougiej Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

I am old school and a sentimentalist so...

No 1 has to be the lone Redcoat trumpeter with Glory...if that doesn't flood you with emotion and memories you are not right.

No 2 would be The Who with Won't Get Fooled Again edited to bring out the best part of the song.

No 3 would be Ray Charles version of Georgia on my Mind.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dougiej said:
    I am old school and a sentimentalist so...

No 1 has to be the lone Redcoat trumpeter with Glory...if that doesn't flood you with emotion and memories you are not right.

No 2 would be The Who with Won't Get Fooled Again edited to bring out the best part of the song.

No 3 would be Ray Charles version of Georgia on my Mind.

I like # 3 for after a victory.

• Options

Dooley's Junkyard dogs, Mr. James Brown

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

The UGA hype video that had Eric Church’s “The Outsiders” was pretty great.

Song starts at the 54 second mark but the entire video is awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=exZdZmA1asQ

• Options
    PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Either....
    For Whom the Bell Tolls - Metallica
    Raining Blood - Slayer

• Options

Hippies and cowboys, Cody Jinks

• Options
    dougiejdougiej Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

IMHO -
    Won't Get Fooled Again fits because of 2nd down and 26 to go last play in Nati

plus it rocks

• Options
    PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2018

BTW my memory is shot...What's the old tune with the guy on piano that goes "Hunker down hairy Dawgs! (Hunker down for a fight)....When you meet the GA Bulldogs...."
    Can't remember the name of the guy or song but my dad had a Dawg tape for the tailgatin

• Options

@PeachCoDawg said:
    BTW my memory is shot...What's the old tune with the guy on piano that goes "Hunker down hairy Dawgs! (Hunker down for a fight)....When you meet the GA Bulldogs...."
    Can't remember the name of the guy or song but my dad had a Dawg tape for the tailgatin

Clisby Clarke