Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Favorite Podcasts?

Comments

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Travisnunnally
    That dudes got a hellava vacation plan I believe. Not 100% positive but I think he’s back this week. Coach Donnan puts out a lot of info as does Jake hit for sure best when Radi is on with them. Man I wish I had their job.

• Options
    TravisnunnallyTravisnunnally Posts: 87 ✭ Freshman

@BiggerBadDawg, yes, sitting in Champy's drinking Academia. Does not get any better.

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Thanks, bud. Been listening ever since you showed me this. Great stuff.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

A few I am still subscribed to and listen to the interesting sounding ones. I had more but unsubscribed from some as the list was more than I had time for

99% invisible
    alice isn't dead
    chapel bell curve (thanks to a forum member here)
    common sense with dan carlin
    hardcore history with dan carlin
    the dave ramsey show
    freakanomics
    jocko podcast
    limetown
    lore
    radiolab
    reply all
    stuff you should know
    this american life
    tanis
    we're alive a zombie story of survival (about halfway through this)
    tumanbay

• Options

The Message is another good fictional story one. 8 episodes long

and there is another I listened to that now I can't remember the name but they were tape recordings from a woman to a man in some sort of asylum. I'll try to find the name

• Options

I also listen to a lot of audible books and highly recommend. If you want suggestions let me know

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Punt & Pass Podcast done by Drew and Aaron

• Options

@tfk_fanboy said:
    I also listen to a lot of audible books and highly recommend. If you want suggestions let me know

Was really just looking for football podcasts (should have specified) but now that WSLS is on my list along with DND and SDS I don't think I have any room for anything else. Thanks though!

• Options

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

Was really just looking for football podcasts (should have specified) but now that WSLS is on my list along with DND and SDS I don't think I have any room for anything else. Thanks though!

then I recommend chapel bell curve

member on here recommended to me a few days ago

UGA stat driven podcast. I listened to the two most recent ones. I imagine it is going to be excellent during the season.

• Options

@tfk_fanboy said:

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

then I recommend chapel bell curve

member on here recommended to me a few days ago

UGA stat driven podcast. I listened to the two most recent ones. I imagine it is going to be excellent during the season.

Thanks dawg

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like Tyler and Curtis.

• Options
    njdawg81njdawg81 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish I could say "Before the Hedges"...

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JMFD said:
    My preference in podcasts is UGA Sports Live. Coach Donnan is a trip. I do listen to Dawgnation podcasts and watch the live videos. BA is too much of a pitch man for my tastes and I typically cant make it through a whole 30 minutes. Love Sentell and his incredible insight and info though.

Coach is always interrupting and dismissive of other takes. Drives me crazy. I can't take the whole show anymore, and I used to never miss a single one.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@JeffSentell, why isn’t Before the Hedges available as a podcast? It’s interesting how traditional media has disappeared. ESPN, newspapers, and magazines used to drive college football, but now websites, chat rooms and podcasts are the forums that inform and influence. As for Dawgs podcasts, I have always liked DawgCast. By fans, for fans, and it’s funny.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pulp mx, DMXS, & main event moto are the main ones I regularly catch. I do one off podcasts like S town and Charlie.

Of course BA is a daily listen.

• Options
    jpurcell50jpurcell50 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

WNSR- The Bill King Show
    Campus Conversation- ESPN with Ivan Maisal and other ESPN writers
    Marty Smith’s America
    The Takeout Podcast with Major Garrett

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

JRE, Meat Eater, Let My People Think (RZIM), Talking Chop (Braves), Braves Radio Network, Podcast Aint Played Nobody, USA Football Coach and Coordinator Podcast... to name a few.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    I’ve been listening to the Joe Rogan Experience. Apparently it’s a thing now where having a podcast is really good for a comedian’s career. And they’ll come on Rogan’s podcast and you can hear if you like them or not. Then if you like them, you can check out their podcast to see if you like that too. Rogan seems to have managed to develop himself as a kind of epicenter of all that active.

Rogan is also involved with martial arts fighting and does a lot of that stuff on his podcast too. But I mostly ignore that.

I like Rogan too. but for me it's very guest dependent. When he has a Neil Degrasse Tyson on there or some really smart guests it can be really good, and some comedians are good on there. But when he starts talking Ju-jitso or MMA my eyes glaze over. Some comedians are good but others can get a little "inside baseball" when talking about standup with him; they act like they are reinventing the wheel.

If anyone likes comedy podcasts I suggest Dumb People Town: it's a pair of twin brother comedians(the Sklars) and one of their buddies riffing on news stories that are sent into them by fans. A lot of "this could only happen in Florida" type ones. They get some pretty good guests as well. Had Patton Oswalt on last week.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tfk_fanboy said:
    A few I am still subscribed to and listen to the interesting sounding ones. I had more but unsubscribed from some as the list was more than I had time for

99% invisible
    alice isn't dead
    the dave ramsey show
    freakanomics
    jocko podcast
    limetown
    lore
    radiolab
    reply all
    stuff you should know
    this american life
    tanis
    tumanbay

I was going to mention Hardcore History. It only comes out every 5 or more months but each episode is practically an audiobook and the archive has a good many of them. Good for a long drive. Rogan has had him on several times and they make a great pair.
    I also listen to a lot of Ringer podcasts. That's Bill Simmons' newish website. I've been reading Simmons since he was still writing for ESPN's Page 2, years ago. He's gone downhill a bit as he doesn't write anymore and tries to shoehorn a freaking Boston team into every convo but he gets good guests; Kinda have to pick and choose with him. The Ringer NFL and NBA podcasts are decent if you're into either. They also got Ryan Rusillo from ESPN and he's starting a combo pro and college football pod next week. The Rewatchables is a pretty good Ringer podcast; they pick a classic/cult classic movie and break it down.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

99% invisible
    alice isn't dead
    the dave ramsey show
    freakanomics
    jocko podcast
    limetown
    lore
    radiolab
    reply all
    stuff you should know
    this american life
    tanis
    tumanbay

I was going to mention Hardcore History. It only comes out every 5 or more months but each episode is practically an audiobook and the archive has a good many of them. Good for a long drive. Rogan has had him on several times and they make a great pair.
    I also listen to a lot of Ringer podcasts. That's Bill Simmons' newish website. I've been reading Simmons since he was still writing for ESPN's Page 2, years ago. He's gone downhill a bit as he doesn't write anymore and tries to shoehorn a freaking Boston team into every convo but he gets good guests; Kinda have to pick and choose with him. The Ringer NFL and NBA podcasts are decent if you're into either. They also got Ryan Rusillo from ESPN and he's starting a combo pro and college football pod next week. The Rewatchables is a pretty good Ringer podcast; they pick a classic/cult classic movie and break it down.

If you like history podcasts, the guy who does the History on Fire podcast has been on the Joe Rogan podcast. I checked out History on Fire and did like it, but I’m rarely in the mood to listen to stuff like that.

If you can figure out the name of the guy who does that podcast, you can search for him and Rogan on YouTube and find his appearance on Rigan’s podcast.