Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Urban's Florida Days

jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Someone posted this on SECrant. Had a feeling something else would arise from this whole fiasco. Nail in the coffin if true.

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/02/an-unfair-game-urban-meyer-a-history-of-abuse/

Comments

• Options
    JoshJStanJoshJStan Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

****. Crazy that all this is just coming out.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoshJStan said:
    ****. Crazy that all this is just coming out.

It’s amazing that it took so long to come out. Weird poop.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He should never be allowed near a person under 21 again he's the scum **** kind of person who does nothing but drag down the coaching profession. Actually he should be in jail if any of the allegations in the above article are true. What a piece of manure he is.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jgf1031 said:
    Someone posted this on SECrant. Had a feeling something else would arise from this whole fiasco. Nail in the coffin if true.

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/02/an-unfair-game-urban-meyer-a-history-of-abuse/

Holy Chit! This looks bad on him. I don't like that they were recorded without their knowledge though. That's pretty sketchy!

• Options

@jarred_buck said:

@jgf1031 said:

Holy Chit! This looks bad on him. I don't like that they were recorded without their knowledge though. That's pretty sketchy!

Agreed about the privacy thing. But still! It's crazy how things like that are kept under wraps when there are about a hundred witnesses.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jgf1031 said:

@jarred_buck said:

@jgf1031 said:

Agreed about the privacy thing. But still! It's crazy how things like that are kept under wraps when there are about a hundred witnesses.

I see your point, but with the culture of football, I am more more surprised that they came out. There is no way they would have done this if they knewthey were going to be used in this manner IMO.

• Options

@jarred_buck said:

@jgf1031 said:

@jarred_buck said:

@jgf1031 said:

I see your point, but with the culture of football, I am more more surprised that they came out. There is no way they would have done this if they knewthey were going to be used in this manner IMO.

That really is the crazy part.
    I get the culture thing. I played too just not in college.
    Makes one wonder how often stuff like this happens.

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You have to video in secret to expose what is happening sometimes. Urban wouldn't have let him roll up into practice with a visible camera I'm sure, and if he did he might of watched what he did in front of the camera.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sad thing is, gator fans would probably take him back in a heartbeat

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@greygoose01 said:
    Sad thing is, gator fans would probably take him back in a heartbeat

heh, HEARTbeat...

I see what you did there :D

• Options
    loxahatcheedawgloxahatcheedawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wonder how long Project Veritas has been sitting on this waiting for the optimal moment to publish?

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck said:

@jgf1031 said:

@jarred_buck said:

@jgf1031 said:

Journalism can get pretty shady. But that’s the reckoning, the public’s right to know.

If there is something the public needs to know, personally I can dismiss some shady practices.

Unfortunately these days, a lot of times the journalists will be fine with just being leaked classified information if all the data accomplishes is some temporary political points for there side.

This stuff about exploiting players, this is more serious to me.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@jgf1031 said:

What the heck is an "exploding" quad? Never seen nor heard of that before. Maybe some of you S&C oriented folks will chime in on this.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn’t need to know this for confirmation that he is a snake in the grass. What really baffles me during his time is Tebow. Not degrading the gentleman, but how can someone of his faith see this behavior and do nothing?

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@JRT812 said:
    Didn’t need to know this for confirmation that he is a snake in the grass. What really baffles me during his time is Tebow. Not degrading the gentleman, but how can someone of his faith see this behavior and do nothing?

This is a great question. It's possible that these stories are based in truth but embellished for the sake of value. If you've ever been interviewed you know how the media will sensationalize... sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@JRT812 said:

This is a great question. It's possible that these stories are based in truth but embellished for the sake of value. If you've ever been interviewed you know how the media will sensationalize... sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

Guess so Joel bro...if those walls could talk

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

Ditto on Tebow. If all is true

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"He called me a p***y and noe im depressed"..... bro, you should quit ball and learn to sew...

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just of note I read this morning that Urbana 2008 natty team has had a total of 41 players arrested and I believe charges out of 100 total. Now the article uses a 100 because of walk ons. Not the number looks way worst with just a 75 man roster. Granted the 41 would have to be adjusted but I bet it only goes down to 38 or 39 which is over half.