Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Which Commentators do you like?

LazendaddyLazendaddy Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

I liked the thread we did the other day about which commentators we couldn't stand.

But which commentators do you actually enjoy listening to?

I really like Chris Fowler and Herbie with ESPN. They make a good team to me.

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

I loved Uncle Verne. I like Gus Johnson. Marv Albert. Miss Keith Jackson

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge were the GOAT team.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lazendaddy said:
    I liked the thread we did the other day about which commentators we couldn't stand.

My initial reaction to this is Herbie makes me cringe whenever he talks about oso, the Dawgs or the SEC.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lazendaddy said:

I like this line of thinking more than the other one. Good idea for an OP.

• Options
    SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge were the GOAT team.

This

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Matt Stinchcomb

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gary Danielson is the most knowledgeable. The bias against the Dawgs people talk about is purely imagined. The other teams in the SEC have the same imaginary troubles.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eric Zeier. If you’ll pay attention, he’ll teach you a ton about football - especially about defenses. Dude is awesome!

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@Kasey said:
    I loved Uncle Verne. I like Gus Johnson. Marv Albert. Miss Keith Jackson

Marv Albert? What a little pervert.

"From DOWNTOWN...YES!"

Only way to like him is if you were a Lakers or Knicks fan.

Turrible football guy. Looked like Al Davis's love child. Fantastic sex trial
    \

\

• Options
    ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like stinchcomb, Palmer and McElroy

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

I like rece davis as a game caller and the guy that called the Miss St game.
    Edit... and i hate beth mowens with every part of my body, in case anyone didnt know

• Options

@tymoon31 said:
    Edit... and i hate beth mowens with every part of my body, in case anyone didnt know

You know your team sucks majorly when Beth is commentating! I can't stand her!

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beth is the worst of all time

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:
    Kirk Herbstreet

Sorry. That just deserved a down vote. And it helps the DAWGS win. 2 for one

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I might be in the minority but I pay almost no attention to announcers. I wish I could mute them and just hear the stadium

I really just tune them out. I am never impacted by who is, or is not, announcing

• Options

Nessler and Tessitore (spelling)

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

@tymoon31 said:

You know your team sucks majorly when Beth is commentating! I can't stand her!

Pretty sure she did one of our cupcakes last year. If not, the year before. Got everyones name wrong or mispronounced them. And the way she tucks her chin to make her voice deeper is nails on a chalkboard. Reminds me of the kid commentator from the mighty ducks

• Options

Help. Do we down vote @12ed or not. Not planning to use the down vote for anyone if not.

• Options

Pretty sure she did one of our cupcakes last year. If not, the year before. Got everyones name wrong or mispronounced them. And the way she tucks her chin to make her voice deeper is nails on a chalkboard. Reminds me of the kid commentator from the mighty ducks

She did the GT game '16 season

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

@12ed
    You've almost reached your goal of 1.1k downvotes before the season kicks off. You/what do you attribute your success to; and what are the next goals you dream of accomplishing?