Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

They moved the granite bulldog???

pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/folks-in-elberton-say-its-a-dawg-gone-shame-what-uga-did-with-their-statue-at-sanford-stadium

WTH? That thing is iconic. It needs to be wherever the players run out of. Hate to see it buried in some lost corner of the stadium.

Comments

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Things change, we adapt and move on, the kang is in charge

• Options
    BrianDawgBrianDawg Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Glad my boy got to see it before it’s move.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some things don’t need to change

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

About time they moved that thing. It was a curse.. People used to say iit looked like he had Robert Baker's p**k*r in his mouth from the 4OT game. Horrendous statue.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is being moved due to renovations. It could go back or stay where it is at. Who really knows what the plan is for it.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:
    About time they moved that thing. It was a curse.. People used to say iit looked like he had Robert Baker's p**k*r in his mouth from the 4OT game. Horrendous statue.

Bro...

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

That’s my son in the DJ jersey around 2006. If I remember correctly, that is one of Jancek’s kids right behind him. My wife and his wife were close friends.