Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Is he seriously...

bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited August 2018 in Off Topic

Trying to explain this away? He said at media days there was nothing now he’s saying he reported it? You kept the guy on staff for 3 d a m n years before you fired him!!!! This makes him look worst IMO

Comments

• Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed. Not sure how he could think this is a good idea.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Laughed so hard I farted

Cmhguy2020 9 posts
    21 minutes ago
    via Mobile
    Not the least bit surprised urban has always been a honest stand up guy! It's not a crime to lie to the media hell fake news lies to Americans daily.

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not really sure how to take this letter. Is he going to say it didn't happen until they fire him or is he trying to say that OSU knew as well?

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MinnesotaDawg said:
    Of course. This is how it's going to play out. Those who thought/think that he's going to say he's sorry and simply step down are dreaming. A story has been crafted or is being crafted in the last couple days complete with one or a few administrative fall guys who will happily take one for the team with some secret payouts to come. Time to get real folks. A contrite Urban and Buckeye Nation....you're NEVER going to see it.

Wow, that is an interesting take and very likely could be what happens.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a move to prevent himself from being dismissed for cause. It also makes whomever he reported it to (presumably the AD) look awful and Ohio state in general look awful.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

He’s trying to get paid if they fire him. Plain and simple, this $hark is all about the greenback$. He will get his sooner or later

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can only cover up mole hills so much

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    He’s trying to get paid if they fire him. Plain and simple, this $hark is all about the greenback$. He will get his sooner or later

Right on. This sounds like a message to the Presidents office: "If you fire me 'with cause' and try to keep my money I'm gonna throw you under the bus."

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gee, I wonder if the lawyer who wrote this letter is the same lawyer that will be negotiating his severance agreement?? Pure CYA all the way.

And, as bigdawg2223 said, you kept the guy on staff for 3 years before you fire him?? Makes his self-serving stated respect for women total BS!!!

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

He’s a complete POS if I were Gene Smith I’d be holding a press conference right now and so no matter how successful um is he’s a liar and his moral compass points so far south it’s indescribable and I am not going down for him covering up for his mentors grandson!!!!

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

**** Urban Meyer is FOS. He’s either negotiating or trying to pin it on the AD who already has dirty hands from Tressel and other athletic programs’ abuse. McMurphy just released a new text from Zak Smith where he pretty much admits strangling her.

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he did report the DV to the AD in 2015 and the AD and/or President covered it up, DEEP DOO DOO FOR OSU!!

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He will lose that locker room quickly.
    He stands on the platform of “be a man of integrity” and “accept responsibility when you mess up”.... these men will not respect him if he doesn’t do the same.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Heck would freeze over before this happens......but what if the AD,senior officials, and Meyer get caught conspiring?

Ohio State would never get a death penalty.....would it?

• Options
    MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just watch. The "proper reporting protocols" at Ohio State will have required him to report to some low level administrator who will absolutely vouch for Meyer's compliance. Of course, that person will end up being the person who "failed" OSU. It's just taken a couple of days to find such a scapegoat willing to fall on Meyer's sword.

• Options

@MinnesotaDawg said:
    Just watch. The "proper reporting protocols" at Ohio State will have required him to report to some low level administrator who will absolutely vouch for Meyer's compliance. Of course, that person will end up being the person who "failed" OSU. It's just taken a couple of days to find such a scapegoat willing to fall on Meyer's sword.

That’s playing with fire. The low level employee would need a 7 digit bribe to stay quite. His story if he revealed it would make him rich.

If that situation is ever proven football wouldn’t be played at OSU anymore.

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Raiderbeater1 said:
    Heck would freeze over before this happens......but what if the AD,senior officials, and Meyer get caught conspiring?

Penn State didn't get the death penalty and that situation was way worse. And that's not saying DV isn't horrible just saying molestation is worse. The NCAA shouldn't have reduced penalties on Penn State like they did either. That should have been a death penalty.

• Options

@MODawg said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

Penn State didn't get the death penalty and that situation was way worse. And that's not saying DV isn't horrible just saying molestation is worse. The NCAA shouldn't have reduced penalties on Penn State like they did either. That should have been a death penalty.

I don’t think the admins conspired after they were caught did they? I think they played ****.