Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Best place to stay for WLOCP

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What's the best town to stay in for the WLOCP? Been twice and stayed on Amelia both times. Wondering what everyone else does/suggests...

Best place to stay for WLOCP 18 votes

Jacksonville
11%
benjaminwgreggLefty13 2 votes
Amelia Island
22%
BullyDawgAgDawgSoFL_DawgBrianDawg 4 votes
St. Simons
33%
mattmd2CZCashvilleDawgchiefdogPigeonsDGD28MIghtydawg 6 votes
Jekyll Island
5%
dhutchi9 1 vote
St. Marys
5%
BrooklynDawg 1 vote
Other
22%
mleeKaseybrentwilsonDobroMattInOz 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Amelia Island

@Kasey said:
    Home

Glad the other Dawg fans don't have that attitude or there'd be a heck of a lotta urnge in Everbank

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod
    Other

@AgDawg said:

@Kasey said:
    Home

Glad the other Dawg fans don't have that attitude or there'd be a heck of a lotta urnge in Everbank

Nothing personal. Just live in NYC and there's no way I'm going to that game unless I know we are going to win. I can't handle their fans after living 5 years in Orlando. I'm like the werewolf that locks himself up when there's a full moon coming for the good of everyone involved

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,043 mod

I always stayed/ preferred Amelia Island, San Fernandina Beach. The Plantation is nice, but pricey. Stayed there many times in the 80's and 90's. Rented condos and houses on Amelia and San Fernandina Beach and always had a blast. Mostly Red & Black where ever you go. 45 minute drive to Jax and the stadium, but if you don't won't to drive, there are usually chartered buses leaving out of the Plantation, but you have to book early because they sell out fast.

Actually I stayed at the Plantation in 1980. That was the weekend of "The Run Lindsey, Run" WLODCP. "There's going to a lot of property destroyed tonight....those place like Saint Simmons......." No property destroyed at the Plantation, but a lot of party clean up....

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Other

if you don’t mind there driving a little bit down there’s a few hotels in Ponte Vedra, Florida abt 5 or 10 from Jax. haven’t stayed there for the game but i stay there a lot during the year.

• Options
    BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    St. Marys

My parents live in the 912 sooo...lol

• Options
    DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Other

St. Augustine is nice.

• Options
    chiefdogchiefdog Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior
    St. Simons

It's St. Simons. That whole weekend (especially if we go in highly ranked) is a celebration of the Dawgs. Everyone is out and about and having a great time.