Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA DAWG Artwork What Do You Have?

BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a teacher and a coach at the high school level. Believe it or not, it's hard to make ends meet! I started making sports related artwork. I can do any school/team out there. It is all done with pallet wood. If you are interested, let me know! Prices start at $125. They make awesome gifts!! Do any of y'all make or have any nice UGA artwork we can see?

Comments

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fantastic! These are great @BiffLowman .

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,043 mod

Nice work @BiffLowman.

I could see those selling on the side of the road heading to Athens on game days. Add a variety of sizes and you could probably earn a weeks salary or more in one day.

The reason I mentioned the side of the road is that shipping can get costly on items of that size and weight.

• Options
    ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

Those are fantastic!

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very impressive, any kind of website?

• Options

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Nice work @BiffLowman.

I could see those selling on the side of the road heading to Athens on game days. Add a variety of sizes and you could probably earn a weeks salary or more in one day.

The reason I mentioned the side of the road is that shipping can get costly on items of that size and weight.

It is best when I am able to deliver on person, no doubt. I have thought many times about coming out on game day to sell. Where are the tailgaters who have the most disposable income? I'll start w them!

• Options

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:
    Those are fantastic!

Thank you very much!

• Options

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:
    Those are fantastic!

Thank you very much!> @Lefty13 said:

Very impressive, any kind of website?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CollectionofChris
    I have done over 100 of them. Most aren't on my site. Any other teams...just ask. I've done most. Thanks!

• Options
    SwimDawgSwimDawg Posts: 160 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Have you considered selling through the various bookstores around campus? Or even see about setting up shop just outside those bookstores. Also approaching local sports memorabilia stores... Even if they take a percentage off the top, I can see these moving pretty fast because they look amazing! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ugadawgs07 said:

In the process of painting my son’s room. Still some work to be done, but this is the start.

lucky lad!!

• Options

@SwimDawg said:
    Have you considered selling through the various bookstores around campus? Or even see about setting up shop just outside those bookstores. Also approaching local sports memorabilia stores... Even if they take a percentage off the top, I can see these moving pretty fast because they look amazing! Go Dawgs!

In order to do that would require licensing. That costs a LOT of money. I have some of the work up at local sports bars and stores. It helps! They sell themselves.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman said:
    In order to do that would require licensing. That costs a LOT of money. I have some of the work up at local sports bars and stores. It helps! They sell themselves.

TRUTH! I am going through it now (I'm close to the end of the process, thankfully) and I can verify that it is a lot of work for a small business with no track record of selling a million hats to get a license, but worth it.
    IF (big if) a business is approved the fee to license is $500 plus 15% of gross sales (which involves accounting software so the school can conduct an audit).

I cannot express how excited I am that I will soon (possibly by Wednesday) be able to share with the Dawgnation family the project that I have been working on for the last eight months... I think you all will be excited, too!

• Options

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@BiffLowman said:

TRUTH! I am going through it now (I'm close to the end of the process, thankfully) and I can verify that it is a lot of work for a small business with no track record of selling a million hats to get a license, but worth it.
    IF (big if) a business is approved the fee to license is $500 plus 15% of gross sales (which involves accounting software so the school can conduct an audit).

I cannot express how excited I am that I will soon (possibly by Wednesday) be able to share with the Dawgnation family the project that I have been working on for the last eight months... I think you all will be excited, too!

I hope it involves some of your creativity we see on the forum!

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@BiffLowman said:

Hope to see it soon.

• Options

@greshamdisco said:
    I’ve painted some UGA scenes on some rocks.

Nice rocks!!

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We just removed a long row of Leyland Cyprus trees that created a privacy barrier in our back yard, but they were thinning out at the bottom. We have a landscape designer coming tomorrow to create some designs.

Yesterday my Daughter’s Sorority produced a Video that had the old scoreboard from Sanford in the background. My daughter told me it is in some guys backyard.

Last night I floated a trial balloon to my wife of putting in a bid for the scoreboard and then planting hedges around the entire back yard. She popped my balloon but thought it was an awesome idea.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@greshamdisco said:
    I’ve painted some UGA scenes on some rocks

Nice rocks!!

Thanks! I haven’t been painting very long, but enjoy painting UGA scenes for people. You can’t go wrong painting the goal line stalker or UGA beating ND.