A lot of us have fond memories of Thanksgiving days of old when the annual Ga.-Ga.Tech Freshman Shrine Game was played to a packed house at Grant Field in Atlanta. Since freshmen weren't eligible for varsity competition for many years, this game gave us a glimpse of what the future held for our beloved Bulldogs. With that being said, I just wonder if Kirby would ever think of using some mop-up time to put an all true freshman team on the field to close out a game. Offense and defense. The new redshirt rule would make this entirely possible. It would be a great recruiting tool and great for creating the competition Kirby is always seeks and I, for one, would love to see it. Oh, by the way, this offensive team and defensive team of "Bullpups" would each consist of five 5-star players, five 4-star players and one 3-star player. For those who think I'm crazy to suggest this, I would simply say this. Although young and inexperienced, the players on this true freshman "Bullpups" team would create the highest rated team ever step on the field for University of Georgia.
And in the words of the late Furman Bisher, Selah