Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Quick thought on D-Rob

DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it’s pretty easy to get spoiled really fast. The term 5-Star gets thrown around so much around UGA these days we can often forget what the designation really means — a player considered the best of the best.

Consider this...

There are currently only five composite 5-Star WRs in 2019 class.

There were only four each in the 2017-18 classes.

And D-Rob was the only composite 5-Star WR in the 2016 class.

In other words, 5-Star WRs are kind of a rare find. UGA just found one, and there’s no doubt in my mind Robertson makes the Dawgs a legit national championship contender.

Comments

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This puts all 3 receivers being 5*'s

there are five composite 5* WR's in the 2019 class and UGA has commits from 2 of them

I said its great.... to be .... a Georgia Bull Dawg

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saw this on twitter

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgNationDaily said:
    I think it’s pretty easy to get spoiled really fast. The term 5-Star gets thrown around so much around UGA these days we can often forget what the designation really means — a player considered the best of the best.

Consider this...

There are currently only five composite 5-Star WRs in 2019 class.

There were only four each in the 2017-18 classes.

And D-Rob was the only composite 5-Star WR in the 2016 class.

In other words, 5-Star WRs are kind of a rare find. UGA just found one, and there’s no doubt in my mind Robertson makes the Dawgs a legit national championship contender.

Godwin and Mecole (same class as DRob) had also been 5 stars. Mecole was a guy that was a 5 star either way, DRob got moved over to WR for better career trajectory, Godwin was destined for WR. So technically 3 this year and at least 2 next year.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheLordJihnson just summed up nicely the data behind the way I feel. UGA was a national contender before we got D-Rob. Not sure the 3rd 5* on our WR corp is gonna be the difference maker. It’s possible. But to me doesn’t seem likely.

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    @TheLordJihnson just summed up nicely the data behind the way I feel. UGA was a national contender before we got D-Rob. Not sure the 3rd 5* on our WR corp is gonna be the difference maker. It’s possible. But to me doesn’t seem likely.

i think he does bring a specific skillset that we didnt have before: true WR who is a burner. the closest would be mecole but he is more of a utility offensive weapon. DRob is a lights out deep threat every time he is on the field when you combine his refined WR skills and elite (at least pre-injury) speed.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

What makes me so excited is now who does a team double? You wanna run single coverage on any of our WRs? Our RBs are gonna have ton of room to run and I think our TEs will see plenty of action in the passing game. Might start looking like a Madden game out there

• Options
    TomGroseTomGrose Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BamaDawg said:

Saw this on twitter

Left off Woerner, 4☆

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm guessing this is just my lack of knowledge, but why would DRob not show up on our 2019 recruiting class board?

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@amjadawgs said:
    I'm guessing this is just my lack of knowledge, but why would DRob not show up on our 2019 recruiting class board?

D-1 to D-1 transfer, not a recruit moving up in any capacity.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

More problems for opposing defenses. Georgia now has just so many different weapons in the offensive tool box, & this is behind the most talented, & LARGEST offensive line (& back-ups too) that has ever assembled at Georgia EVER!!! Simple question (for the opposition defenses) :
    Who are you going to cover??? You simply cannot cover EVERYBODY!!!???!!!!
    GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

Saw this on twitter

And depending on the rating service... Fromm was a 5* and so was Cook (if memory serves)

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    What makes me so excited is now who does a team double? You wanna run single coverage on any of our WRs? Our RBs are gonna have ton of room to run and I think our TEs will see plenty of action in the passing game. Might start looking like a Madden game out there

@Kasey Spot on sir! Very exciting times!

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luke Ford a 4 star
    Tommy Bush a 4 star

• Options
    GoDawgs1234GoDawgs1234 Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

@BamaDawg said:

Saw this on twitter

And this is only on the offensive side of the ball, most schools don't have this talent on the entire team.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

Doctor, Doctor Please!
    My Dawg Fevers up to103!!!

• Options
    dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DawgBones said:
    Doctor, Doctor Please!

The news is that fevers is not going down anytime soon.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we have a Top 300 player at every position on offense and defense. Most are Top 100.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With Swift or Cook in the backfield, Hardman, Godwin, and DRob as receivers, and Nauta as TE, there will be no way a defense can double up on any one player on passing plays.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgbybirth said:

@DawgBones said:
    Doctor, Doctor Please!

The news is that fevers is not going down anytime soon.

“The only prescription is more cowbell.”

Oh wait... we will just have to wait play mullen and Grantham at their new location.