Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Reminder: Humble Ourselves

mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s clear the future of UGA football is a promising one, but I wanted to remind my fellow dawg fans (as I remind myself) to stay humble.

Let’s be the fanbase that silently dominates our opponents. Takes care of business on the field and respect our rivals on the sidelines. Let’s take the high road and be the better men.

Too often lately I see fellow dawg fans taking to message boards and comment sections to boast our recent recruiting success while tearing down others. Why is that necessary?

I want our opponents to hate us because we constantly beat them on the field, not because we have the most abnoxious braggarts as fans.

Let’s take a page from Kirby’s playbook and remember that humility is only a week away.

Now is the time we determine what kind of winners we’re going to be. Win the game and you’re praised once. Win the game with class, humility, and sportsmanship and you’ll be twice praised.

Our fanbase should reflect our team. Let’s be the greatest fanbase of sportsmen and champions that college football has ever seen.

GO DAWGS!!!!

Comments

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

Hmmm. Gotta think on that one. I'm leaning not right now.

• Options
    BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven't really seen any of us troll other teams, we just have been shooting back when they troll us. I believe we will have the class that we have been famous for because we are DAWGS and that's how DAWGS do things. But we are DAWGS so we will bite when needed, too.

• Options

Sorry. Read it again. I dont know why my first take I felt like I should have no excitement. I do agree. As the saying goes," act like youve been there"

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As the servant whispered in Caesar's ear after a great military victory, ''all glory is fleeting''.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do not go onto anything anywhere else on the internet AT ALL of ANY of the other SEC fan-bases... this list includes:

SEC East:
    1. Florida (we know that they simply S U C K, they always have, and they always will. PERIOD.)
    2. Kentucky (we know that they have always S U C K E D so bad they cannot beat even Flori-duh!!!)
    3. Missouri (we know that they simply S U C K so badly, that their entire state is another name for "MISERY"!!!)
    4. South Carolina (we know that they do not S U C K (this year), & Georgia needs to beat them down in a HUGE way)
    5. Tennessee (we know that they S U C K their corn from a jar, & the song "Rocky Top" explains a LOT about VOL-TARDS)
    6. Vanderbilt (we know that they S U C K worse year in, & year out too worse than most any other SEC team that there is)

SEC West:
    7. Alabama (we know that they simply S U C K talent out of Georgia, & NONE of their fans are on the team!!!)
    8. Arkansas (we know that they simply S U C K so much they scream SUUUU-WEEEE all the time, maybe calling relatives??)
    9. Auburn (we know they are so lost, they cannot figure out who their mascot is, & they also S U C K talent out of Georgia )
    10. LSU (we know they simply S U C K down corn-dogs, & a lot of their speech is like a foreign language, with alcohol added)
    11. Mississippi State (we know that they S U C K with "more-cowbell" like no other fan base that there is anywhere)
    12. Ole Miss (we know that they simply S U C K, & when they don't S U C K?? That means the NCAA has caught them again!)
    13. Texas A&M (we know that they simply S U C K out in Texas, and have a "little brother" complex to the "REAL UT" Sr.)

As well as regional rival(s) :
    14. Georgia Tech (just a Geeky, nerdy version of the BARN), & lastly those poor souls that are stuck out there in the woods,
    15. Clemson (they S U C K & they are just a cross between the morons at Tech & the clueless at the BARN).

I could CARE LESS about ANYTHING THAT any of them are saying, or doing on THEIR OWN FAN BASES "forums", or chat-rooms, websites, etc, etc...

For all the TROLLS that are here on OUR DAWGNATION Forum??? Your mere presence in here indicates some serious jealousy, & also some real fear too, add to that some insecurity as well. Good luck to all of y'all with those issues. For the foreseeable future? I predict that Georgia HC Kirby Smart & OUR Georgia Bulldogs are simply going to DOMINATE ALL of y'all. GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are you referring to people who give it back to the trolls that show up on our DawgNation forum? Those losers are stepping into the thunderdome and get what they have coming. I would agree that it is low brow, and frankly very immature, to go on a rival board and talk trash.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Each and every year the team must prove itself-- each and every game. No reason to get cocky. If we are in the early stages of a dynasty, look to the current state of UF and UT's dynasties to keep you humble.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trolling can de done well. I just see very little of it done well on football forums.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    Trolling can de done well. I just see very little of it done well on football forums.

There should be height requirements for trolling.

• Options

I'm trollaphobic. For real

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

Trolling is like skinny dipping: if you can pull it off well, it’s a thing to be admired. If you can’t, it’s best not tried, done in the dark, or done anonymously.

• Options

Honestly, I'd never try either one.

• Options

But if I tried skinny dipping, I could keep it secret.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimWallace said:
    I fear every opponent (well, not Tennessee last year), and always remember the old "on any given Saturday" thing. It's true. Teams get beat by teams that shouldn't even be capable of of dreaming about beating them. Troy State. App State.

Shoot me, but we maybe should have lost to Nick State. I've never sat in the stands and watched anything as bad as that game. We lucked out that Saturday afternoon.

Excitement about Georgia football is over the moon. I know I've got it bad! I'm sure the players and coaches are excited for the games to begin, too, even if they aren't quite ready. Whether we have a good year, a bad year, or a great year is mostly between the ears of Kirby and his staff and Kirby and his players. Then there's that always unpredictable and oftentimes humbling way the ball bounces.

We're going to see how much Kirby has transformed the culture in Athens soon enough. We'll find out if our guys remember to get off the bus, and make their own luck. My guess: The bad old days are gone. Nothing from back then is operative now. Kirby learned a huge lesson last year.

There will be lessons to be learned this year. Always are.

Let the revenge tour continue, but humbly, please! I take it for granted that our opponents know Georgia is a better football program at a superior academic institution in a better college town. I will try to be kind to people from places known far and wide a swamp land and such. We are honored when they visit our campus and our online haunts.

One of my favorite memories from last season was how our fans were treated at Notre Dame. Let's emulate their behavior.

Go, Dawgs!

This ^^ should be required reading for participants here. Very well done, @JimWallace .

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimWallace said:
    I fear every opponent (well, not Tennessee last year), and always remember the old "on any given Saturday" thing. It's true. Teams get beat by teams that shouldn't even be capable of of dreaming about beating them. Troy State. App State.

Shoot me, but we maybe should have lost to Nick State. I've never sat in the stands and watched anything as bad as that game. We lucked out that Saturday afternoon.

Excitement about Georgia football is over the moon. I know I've got it bad! I'm sure the players and coaches are excited for the games to begin, too, even if they aren't quite ready. Whether we have a good year, a bad year, or a great year is mostly between the ears of Kirby and his staff and Kirby and his players. Then there's that always unpredictable and oftentimes humbling way the ball bounces.

We're going to see how much Kirby has transformed the culture in Athens soon enough. We'll find out if our guys remember to get off the bus, and make their own luck. My guess: The bad old days are gone. Nothing from back then is operative now. Kirby learned a huge lesson last year.

There will be lessons to be learned this year. Always are.

Let the revenge tour continue, but humbly, please! I take it for granted that our opponents know Georgia is a better football program at a superior academic institution in a better college town. I will try to be kind to people from places known far and wide a swamp land and such. We are honored when they visit our campus and our online haunts.

One of my favorite memories from last season was how our fans were treated at Notre Dame. Let's emulate their behavior.

Go, Dawgs!

Just playing as poorly as we did against Nick State was humbling enough. The 15 years of our last coach's tenure was humbling and continues to remind us (through the jawin' of our rivals) that you can be good and never win it all. You can be favored by the pundits and then lose a game you should not lose. Until we win it all and come back to compete for it again--I will be humble but hopeful in a way I have not been in over a decade.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:
    Just playing as poorly as we did against Nick State was humbling enough. The 15 years of our last coach's tenure was humbling and continues to remind us (through the jawin' of our rivals) that you can be good and never win it all. You can be favored by the pundits and then lose a game you should not lose. Until we win it all and come back to compete for it again--I will be humble but hopeful in a way I have not been in over a decade

I hope we are always humble and gracious and magnanimous, even friendly, especially in victory.

I wish the very best for all of our opponents. I want them to look good and be strong and help us sharpen ourselves. I also want to win every game by a hundred points. The better our opponents are, the better we become, and the better we look in victory.

That said, in last year's TN/FL game both teams deserved to lose. Both were terrible. I enjoyed it, yes, but I should try to overcome my tendencies to hate certain teams and realize it is just a game. Will I quit singing about where I want Georgia Tech to go? Heck no. Will I be polite and respectful to their fans? I sincerely hope I will.

Only on the athletic field are these people our adversaries.

Notre Dame set a very high bar.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    dhutchi9dhutchi9 Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

@mattmd2 said:
    It’s clear the future of UGA football is a promising one, but I wanted to remind my fellow dawg fans (as I remind myself) to stay humble.

Let’s be the fanbase that silently dominates our opponents. Takes care of business on the field and respect our rivals on the sidelines. Let’s take the high road and be the better men.

Too often lately I see fellow dawg fans taking to message boards and comment sections to boast our recent recruiting success while tearing down others. Why is that necessary?

I want our opponents to hate us because we constantly beat them on the field, not because we have the most abnoxious braggarts as fans.

Let’s take a page from Kirby’s playbook and remember that humility is only a week away.

Now is the time we determine what kind of winners we’re going to be. Win the game and you’re praised once. Win the game with class, humility, and sportsmanship and you’ll be twice praised.

Our fanbase should reflect our team. Let’s be the greatest fanbase of sportsmen and champions that college football has ever seen.

GO DAWGS!!!!

THIS!! I made it out to the ND last year and I have never been in the company of a more classy fanbase. Of course every team has "those fans", but I strive to treat every opposing fanbase the way ND fans did at their home field. It was so humbling and fresh. Stay classy fam. We will do our talking on the field.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg I skinny dip all the time. Retired and moved to FL. It totally keeps people from "dropping in," and, it definitely keeps the neighbirs from looking over the fence.

• Options

@BEACHDAWG said:
    @RPMdawg I skinny dip all the time. Retired and moved to FL. It totally keeps people from "dropping in," and, it definitely keeps the neighbirs from looking over the fence.

LOL. May have to give it a try. Probably need to get in some practice 1st