Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA still not getting any love.

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have been snooping on different college football message boards and needless to say, UGA is still not gettong any love from the rest of the nation.

They still say were at a big talent disadvantage. Still saying we cant beat UF on a regular basis and most are saying last year was a fluke.

Ignorance is bliss i guess.

Comments

• Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think anyone is saying we're at a talent disadvantage

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    GOOD!!! We were underdawgs all last year and I loved it. Keep doubting us. Keep telling us we are paying players. Keep it up

Fuel the fire. Burn baby burn!

• Options
    Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    GOOD!!! We were underdawgs all last year and I loved it. Keep doubting us. Keep telling us we are paying players. Keep it up

THIS^

• Options
    law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alot of people are expecting us to lose 2 -3 regular season games next year...rivals message board is especially comical.

• Options
    GordonBombayGordonBombay Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Please post the links when you see this stuff because most of what I read from other fans' sites is about how we cheat and the rosters are unfair now because of it. It's really put me in a funk. I need to read more cocky fans' opinions to give me back some loathing!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@Kasey said:

What I loved about last year.

Darn Notre Dame is good. UGA beats ND on the road with a freshman QB.... Media: ND just isn't that good

Media: This Dan Mullen MS State team is insanely good, did you see the way they beat LSU?? .... UGA beats them 31-3... Media.... you know MS State just isnt that good

essentially that cycle kept going the entire year

Carolina may have something for Georgia this year. We beat them handily.
    Auburn is gonna beat Georgia again and be the first two loss team in the playoff. We boat race them in the second half

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

I don't want their love. I want their tears after we beat them to flavor my martini.

To summarize:

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not sure how any sane person could say that we’re at a talent disadvantage.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

meanwhile Clemson is ranked as having the hardest schedule in the nation this year.... how???

1) Furman
    2) TAMU (new coach and team finished 5th in SEC west last year)
    3) GA southern
    4) GA tech (tech is not what they used to be. 3rd in ACC division last year as well as recruiting 90% 3 star players)
    5) Syracuse.... really
    6) wake forrest
    7) NC State (recruiting around 25-50 each year)
    8) FSU (brand new coach)
    9) Louisville
    10) Duke
    11) Boston college
    12) USCjr.

can someone please explain to me how this is the hardest schedule in the nation?

ACC Atlantic division average recruiting rankings over the last 5 yeras

1) FSU (5)
    2) Clemson (14)
    3) Louisville (35)
    4) NC State (45
    5) Syracuse (60)
    6) Wake Forrest (62)
    7) Boston College (70)

Now for the SEC East which is "so weak"

1) UGA (7)
    2) Florida (11)
    3) TN (13)
    4) South Carolina (20)
    5) Kentucky (32)
    6) Missouri (38)
    7) Vanderbilt (48)

I wish the SEC east had 3 schools that recruited outside the top 50 instead of NONE

Sorry to go on a rant.... but the entire ACC has 3 schools with any record of ever accomplishing ANYTHING

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    meanwhile Clemson is ranked as having the hardest schedule in the nation this year.... how???

1) Furman
    3) GA southern
    4) GA tech (tech is not what they used to be. 3rd in ACC division last year as well as recruiting 90% 3 star players)
    5) Syracuse.... really
    6) wake forrest
    8) FSU (brand new coach)
    9) Louisville
    10) Duke
    11) Boston college
    12) USCjr.

can someone please explain to me how this is the hardest schedule in the nation?

1) FSU (5)
    2) Clemson (14)
    3) Louisville (35)
    4) NC State (45
    5) Syracuse (60)
    6) Wake Forrest (62)
    7) Boston College (70)

1) UGA (7)
    2) Florida (11)
    3) TN (13)
    4) South Carolina (20)
    5) Kentucky (32)
    6) Missouri (38)
    7) Vanderbilt (48)

I wish the SEC east had 3 schools that recruited outside the top 50 instead of NONE

Sorry to go on a rant.... but the entire ACC has 3 schools with any record of ever accomplishing ANYTHING

LSU has the hardest schedule. They play 4 teams in the preseason top 10-15, depending on whose rankings you use:

Bama
    UGA
    Auburn
    Miami

Clemson's schedule has nothing on that.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

1) Furman
    3) GA southern
    5) Syracuse.... really
    6) wake forrest
    8) FSU (brand new coach)
    9) Louisville
    10) Duke
    11) Boston college
    12) USCjr.

1) FSU (5)
    2) Clemson (14)
    3) Louisville (35)
    4) NC State (45
    5) Syracuse (60)
    6) Wake Forrest (62)
    7) Boston College (70)

1) UGA (7)
    2) Florida (11)
    3) TN (13)
    4) South Carolina (20)
    5) Kentucky (32)
    6) Missouri (38)
    7) Vanderbilt (48)

LSU has the hardest schedule. They play 4 teams in the preseason top 10-15, depending on whose rankings you use:

Bama
    UGA
    Auburn
    Miami

Clemson's schedule has nothing on that.

Please let me apologize, I misread some of my information and gave some false information as a result

SOS
    1) UCLA (how)
    2) FSU .... I had FSU and Clemson confused in my head. Clemson is ranked 15
    3) LSU (makes sense)

TN has a rough schedule as well. Gonna be hard for them to be too upset with Pruitt in year 1 with that schedule

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The worse of a team you are, the harder your schedule looks. Conversely, as we get better & better, we don’t get credit for playing teams like Tennessee or Tech. I think we all agree this year’s schedule lacks one good OoC game like ND was last year. I’d like to see us play Florida State before Clemson just to do something different. Maybe MI or MI State. I would say play OH State, but screw them.