Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

That rivalry in Alabama

VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Anybody else see the news? Former Auburn DT Gabe Wright was cut from the Miami Dolphins for getting in a fight with (now teammate former opponent) Alabama's Kenyan Drake. Way off topic, I know, but is it bad for me to love how much these SEC rivalries mean to players after their time in college is up?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24371875/miami-dolphins-cut-gabe-wright-cheap-shot-kenyan-drake

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

That can't be why he cheap shot him...

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

@Kasey said:
    That can't be why he cheap shot him...

Either way it makes for a good story.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rivalries are good. I love hearing about NFL players making bets with teammates over rivalry games. I'd like to think that Chubb gives Baker Mayfield some ribbing about the Rose Bowl but Nick's probably too nice.

Speaking of Baker, I find it hilarious that on Hard Knocks he's saying that Bob Evans and Olive Garden are the two best places to eat in Cleveland the night before he signs a huge contract..

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@scooterdawg said:
    Rivalries are good. I love hearing about NFL players making bets with teammates over rivalry games. I'd like to think that Chubb gives Baker Mayfield some ribbing about the Rose Bowl but Nick's probably too nice.

Speaking of Baker, I find it hilarious that on Hard Knocks he's saying that Bob Evans and Olive Garden are the two best places to eat in Cleveland the night before he signs a huge contract..

Coming from Norman, Oklahoma they probably are

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@scooterdawg said:

Coming from Norman, Oklahoma they probably are

Yea....In Norman it was Waffle House and Shoney's for Mayfield.