Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Must-read article about AJ Green

tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

  • VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,222 mod

    THE GOAT

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @VALDOSTADAWG said:
    THE GOAT

    Yep. Single greatest catch in college football history.

  • VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,222 mod

    @pgjackson
    Bold statement. I won't argue, but start a thread of greatest college football catches of all time and I'll show you a couple ;)

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @VALDOSTADAWG said:
    @pgjackson
    Bold statement. I won't argue, but start a thread of greatest college football catches of all time and I'll show you a couple ;)

    The only other catch in football history that comes close is Santonio Holmes game winner in the Superbowl. That one is iconic because of the setting and that literally every single kid who ever touched a football has practiced that catch and fantasized about doing it in the Super Bowl.

  • donmdonm Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @pgjackson said:

    @VALDOSTADAWG said:
    @pgjackson
    Bold statement. I won't argue, but start a thread of greatest college football catches of all time and I'll show you a couple ;)

    The only other catch in football history that comes close is Santonio Holmes game winner in the Superbowl. That one is iconic because of the setting and that literally every single kid who ever touched a football has practiced that catch and fantasized about doing it in the Super Bowl.

    PG - I feel like I’ve seen that type of catch many, many times, even by college kids. I like AJ’s way more. He did do it in the ultimate setting for sure, as you said.

  • PigeonsPigeons Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Terry Godwin's catch against ND is up there too.

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @donm said:

    @pgjackson said:

    @VALDOSTADAWG said:
    @pgjackson
    Bold statement. I won't argue, but start a thread of greatest college football catches of all time and I'll show you a couple ;)

    The only other catch in football history that comes close is Santonio Holmes game winner in the Superbowl. That one is iconic because of the setting and that literally every single kid who ever touched a football has practiced that catch and fantasized about doing it in the Super Bowl.

    PG - I feel like I’ve seen that type of catch many, many times, even by college kids. I like AJ’s way more. He did do it in the ultimate setting for sure, as you said.

    What makes Santonio’s catch iconic was the setting. Game winning tip-toe catch in the Super Bowl. It was a great catch, not as great athletically as AJs, but the importance of the catch is what really makes it special.

    I still to this day can’t believe we lost that game to Colorado.

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Pigeons said:
    Terry Godwin's catch against ND is up there too.

    Yep. That was remarkable.

  • VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,222 mod

    @pgjackson
    Sh***y quality but this one is crazy

  • corai3corai3 Posts: 447 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Odell's Catch?

  • donmdonm Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @VALDOSTADAWG said:
    @pgjackson
    Sh***y quality but this one is crazy

    a great one there.

  • donmdonm Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @corai3 said:
    Odell's Catch?

    tough to beat that one.

  • christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @pgjackson said:

    @VALDOSTADAWG said:
    THE GOAT

    Yep. Single greatest catch in college football history.

    Just another DGD doing what all DGD’s do!!! <—THEY MAKE HISTORY!!! GO DAWGS!!!

Sign In or Register to comment.