Must-read article about AJ Green

tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Comments

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THE GOAT

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    THE GOAT

Yep. Single greatest catch in college football history.

@pgjackson
    Bold statement. I won't argue, but start a thread of greatest college football catches of all time and I'll show you a couple ;)

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    @pgjackson
    Bold statement. I won't argue, but start a thread of greatest college football catches of all time and I'll show you a couple ;)

The only other catch in football history that comes close is Santonio Holmes game winner in the Superbowl. That one is iconic because of the setting and that literally every single kid who ever touched a football has practiced that catch and fantasized about doing it in the Super Bowl.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    @pgjackson

The only other catch in football history that comes close is Santonio Holmes game winner in the Superbowl. That one is iconic because of the setting and that literally every single kid who ever touched a football has practiced that catch and fantasized about doing it in the Super Bowl.

PG - I feel like I’ve seen that type of catch many, many times, even by college kids. I like AJ’s way more. He did do it in the ultimate setting for sure, as you said.

• PigeonsPigeons Posts: 556 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Terry Godwin's catch against ND is up there too.

@donm said:

@pgjackson said:

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    @pgjackson

PG - I feel like I’ve seen that type of catch many, many times, even by college kids. I like AJ’s way more. He did do it in the ultimate setting for sure, as you said.

What makes Santonio’s catch iconic was the setting. Game winning tip-toe catch in the Super Bowl. It was a great catch, not as great athletically as AJs, but the importance of the catch is what really makes it special.

I still to this day can’t believe we lost that game to Colorado.

@Pigeons said:
    Terry Godwin's catch against ND is up there too.

Yep. That was remarkable.

@pgjackson
    Sh***y quality but this one is crazy

• corai3corai3 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

Odell's Catch?

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    @pgjackson
    Sh***y quality but this one is crazy

a great one there.

@corai3 said:
    Odell's Catch?

tough to beat that one.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    THE GOAT

Yep. Single greatest catch in college football history.

Just another DGD doing what all DGD’s do!!! <—THEY MAKE HISTORY!!! GO DAWGS!!!